Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: pioneer ddj ergo slicer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

pioneer ddj ergo slicer
when i first turn on the slicer without selecting anything to play it goes crazy with like a 1/8 beat repeat.
after i deactivate it and turn back on it works fine. i have to repeat this on each deck to get it to not do it....

Posted Sun 30 Nov 14 @ 8:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sorry, what exactly does it "go like crazy" ? As far as i know, the Ergo doesnt have any slicer actions in the default mapping ? Are you using a custom one ?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 1:27 am
on activation instead of waiting for me to hit a part to play it plays a part like 1/8 a beat nonstop til i deactivate.
on the next activation the behavior is as expected.

i am using the slicer FX included with virtual dj 8 doesn't everyone have it? there is no custom mapping.
if you are saying it doesn't work with the ergo just say that please.

to hear the problem listen to this -> http://wicked-mix.com/test.mp3

i guess i was under the impression that all FX that come with vdj 8 should work with any hardware??

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 4:17 am
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
surely do not use a custom mapping the controller?
I ask because if used should be some change parameters to work properly

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 5:06 am
i will do a second recording after work that shows the difference between the first activation and those after maybe that will help show the problem.

1 there is one custom mapping on my controller its to turn the mic on and off but that should have no effect for the slicer or any fx it uses the f3 key top left of the controller??? would that mess with the slicer???

2 it worked fine before

3 it works fine on the second activation.

4 the ergo only has 3 fx buttons that work the slicer but it gets the job done for me.

i know language can be a barrier so maybe with the second recording all will become clear.........

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 5:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok i ll take a look.

EDIT. Ok i see what you mean... If you select the SLicer and press the ON button, it activates itself even if you havent presed any slice button.. Is that what you are experiencing ?
If i just select it (without pressing the ON), it doesnt get activated.

If that is the case, all you need to do is NOT pressing the ON button.. but i will report it in case it can be improved. Keep in mind that actually the Slicer Effect is something that needs to be handled using the Effect buttons (slicer x action) and its not an effect that can be just turned on/off with a slider etc.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 2:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Happening here too with just keyboard,

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:10 pm
yes that is exactly what i mean thanks

isn't that how it works though u turn it on then you can use the 3 fx buttons 1 2 and 3 to do the slicing ... i been using it that way fine just recently started acting like it is now?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:14 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
They changed the nature of both the loop roll and the slicer only a few builds back, before I believe it was sampled now it's more like a loop (well there abouts)
It's a bug for sure, you could fix it temporary, by adding this into the switch it on button, you'd never notice it.

deck X effect_active 'slicer' & deck X effect_active 'slicer' & deck X effect_active 'slicer'

on off on, or off on off, that way it skips the first time (rough but it's a fix)

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 4:12 pm
thanks ill give it a try loco ....... will this mess with the other fx though as there is only one activate button for all fx per deck

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 6:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There was indeed a bug there.
Btw, you don't need to activate slicer, if it's not activated it will get activated as soon as you press any of the beat buttons.
(And if you specifically use slicer in your mapping, I'd recommend to use the 'slicer' action instead anyway)

Posted Tue 02 Dec 14 @ 1:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)