Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: SandBox Bug................(with NS7)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Load a track to both decks then play both decks at once, now move the crossfader and look at the "sandbox" button. You'll see it turning on/off every time you move the crossfader which I think is causing my machine to crash.........

Can anyone confirm this???

VDJ is now totally unusable for me at this point in time. Ive went back 2 versions and it does the same thing. My crash logs are being sent but NO ONE has said anything so I don't know if its something I caused or what but this is getting old and fast............

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 6:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Probably the Sandbox turns off/on, if one side has audio track and video on the other side ?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:21 pm
Ok I'll check but I have NEVER used Sandbox and wasn't trying to do so.

Just loaded up 2 mp3's and I get the same results, the Sandbox button is turning off and on whenever I move the crossfader. If I stop 1 deck from playing then it quits.

Any thing I should try now??

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:35 pm
hmm by on/off, you mean you see the Sandbox button "orange/gray" in the default 2 decks skin , even without enabling that ? Are you using a custom skin ? Which one ?
Kinda weird.. please check your custom mapping files, they could have a sandbox action by mistake

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:38 pm
Ok I just removed EVERY mapping xml that was in the mapper folder then launched VDJ. Loaded 2 mp3's again and I get the same results.

The box isn't turning orange, it goes from greyed out (the lettering is even grey) to normal (lettering is white). The track wave form never shows up in the box though and yes I'm using the default 2 deck skin.

EDIT,

There is no Sandbox action in any of the mappings I have which are all at factory default now (NS7, DDJ SP1 and the Keyboard).

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 7:45 pm
Ok i see what you mean, but thats normal. I mean if the crossfader is in the middle, then there is no "clear" output deck (if both playing) so Sandbox is not available. If the crossfader is at one or the other side, then it is.
Is that what you get ?

So its not on/off, it just shows availability

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 8:34 pm
Yup that's what I get.

Hmm so this has nothing to do with all my crashes from today then I take it? Are my logs even being uploaded?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 8:40 pm
Most likely its irrelevant. I see a crash log report uploaded, i guess the Devs will take a look soon. Any steps to reproduce would be helpful of course.
Any chance that is related to Midi Clock or some Effect ?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 8:42 pm
I think it's gonna be a combo of things here.

1: The custom DDJ SP1 skin
2: Locos post fader effect script
3: Some of the custom mapping to get Locos script working

I'll do some testing tomorrow but I haven't had a crash for about an hour now and I'm using the script, custom DDJ SP1 skin and some different mapping, lol!!

Thanks for the time though Bob 👍

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 10:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)