Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: ddj sx slicer issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ibkcflaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
My vdj 8 has worked fine until tonight. I clicked in the slicer and all audio and video cut out until I pushed one of the pads.
Any thoughts and also is there a way around the soft takeover so i do not have to keep twisting knobs and pitch control to make it work correctly

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 7:59 pm
Hmm I'm having the same problem with my DDJ SP1.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 10:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try with the default mapping file in case you re using a custom one. If the default mapping (recently modified) is working fine with the slicer and loop rolls, then use the same actions for the PAD MODE buttons to your custom one.

If the factory (default) mapping is not working for you, please try with the latest beta build.. no issues here.

For the sliders soft-takover you can see the options that the ControllerTakeoverMode and ControllerTakeoverModePitch settings offer.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 11:09 pm
so are we talking about these commands that have to be replaced in the custom mapper ?

-<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP1" action="set &apos;padmode&apos; 4 &amp; slicer off" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_ROLL" action="set &apos;padmode&apos; 1 &amp; slicer off &amp; effect &quot;Loop Roll&quot; select" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP2" action="set &apos;padmode&apos; 5 &amp; slicer off" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_SLICER" action="var_equal &apos;padmode&apos; 2 ? on &amp; slicer off : set &apos;padmode&apos; 2 &amp; effect &quot;Slicer&quot; select" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP3" action="var_equal &apos;padmode&apos; 6 ? on &amp; slicer off : set &apos;padmode&apos; 6 &amp; effect &quot;Slicer&quot; select" />

are these all of them , or did i miss something ?

so i just replace these in my custom mapper and i am ok ?

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 3:11 am
I'm using the default mapper and I have the same issue.

Posted Sat 29 Nov 14 @ 2:46 pm
romeodan wrote :
so are we talking about these commands that have to be replaced in the custom mapper ?

-<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP1" action="set 'padmode' 4 & slicer off" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_ROLL" action="set 'padmode' 1 & slicer off & effect "Loop Roll" select" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP2" action="set 'padmode' 5 & slicer off" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_SLICER" action="var_equal 'padmode' 2 ? on & slicer off : set 'padmode' 2 & effect "Slicer" select" />
- <map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP3" action="var_equal 'padmode' 6 ? on & slicer off : set 'padmode' 6 & effect "Slicer" select" />

are these all of them , or did i miss something ?

so i just replace these in my custom mapper and i am ok ?

any answer on that ?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 5:57 am
<map value="PAD_MODE_SAMPLER" action="set 'padmode' 3 & sideview 'sampler' & effect 'Slicer' active off & effect 'Loop Roll' active off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_HOTCUE" action="set 'padmode' 0 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_ROLL" action="set 'padmode' 1 & effect_active 'Slicer' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_SLICER" action="set 'padmode' 2 & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP1" action="set 'padmode' 4 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP2" action="set 'padmode' 5 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP3" action="set 'padmode' 6 & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP4" action="set 'padmode' 7 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 10:44 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
<map value="PAD_MODE_SAMPLER" action="set 'padmode' 3 & sideview 'sampler' & effect 'Slicer' active off & effect 'Loop Roll' active off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_HOTCUE" action="set 'padmode' 0 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_ROLL" action="set 'padmode' 1 & effect_active 'Slicer' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_SLICER" action="set 'padmode' 2 & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP1" action="set 'padmode' 4 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP2" action="set 'padmode' 5 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP3" action="set 'padmode' 6 & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />
<map value="PAD_MODE_GROUP4" action="set 'padmode' 7 & effect_active 'Slicer' off & effect_active 'Loop Roll' off" />

so...hold on..

let me get this correct :

should i add my custom mapping to the native mapper OR should i copy and replace the above ( some of them are not present in my custom mapper ....) to my custom mapper ?

so for the sake of argument could i please have the full list of what i have to change and from what to what ( native to modified or modified to native ) ?

i dont want to make a mistake and end up with a mapper that does not work corectly

PHANTODEEJAY : if it is not much to ask : could i send you my modified mapper and maybe you could make the changes ?

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:10 pm
I'm in the same boat but I'm just going to rake through the XML and copy over the lines I originally changed. should only take 10 minutes or so.

Posted Mon 01 Dec 14 @ 3:21 pm
so just to be sure

i will only have to copy the lines phantomdeejay posted ?

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 4:25 am
all ok , replaced my custom commands in the default mapper and all is ok

Posted Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 4:32 pm
my slicer isnt working either, it wont do anything

vdj 8 home reloop beatmix 4

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 9:19 am
so i have gotten the slicer to work now by making a custom button, but i cant really control how many beats oir nothing in the custom button, wich is a designed button, the slicer wont work in the effect section, any one who explain why it might now work, i have a reloop beatmix 4 xontroller with vdj8

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 10:17 pm
and the beat builds dont change anything for me except i have to analyse my entire music collection again from scratch.

Posted Thu 08 Jan 15 @ 10:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)