Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Numark-Mix-Express Bug

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I called customer support and they told me to post in here because they couldn't help me with this issue. I had no issues with VDJ 8 until the most recent update. Now scratching only works when the song is paused and won't work while the song is playing. I verified I had the correct settings with customer support and he said this is probably a bug.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 2:48 pm
Support couldn't help? I'm surprised!

Sounds to me like you've got your jog(s) in Nudge mode rather than Scratch mode.

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 2:53 pm
Thats not it, I still have no idea what it is....Can a developer try and fix the bug? If anyone can help please call me 412-335-3228

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Even though i still believe it has to do with the Scratch/Vinyl mode of the jogs as per Groovin ,...

Please do the following...
Set the getBetaBuilds setting from the Advanced Options (in VirtualDJ Config) to Yes
It will allow you to update to the latest beta build (instead of the public one you currently use).
See if your issue is resolved.

I remember a regression bug we had a few builds ago, but i think it was the opposite one (jog was not scratching if paused), but worth trying.

other things that you can try ...
- delete the settings.xml from Documents/VirtualDJ folder.
- make sure no Mixdeck files exist in /Documents/VirtualDJ/Mappers and /Devices folder.
- Check the manual of the device in case there is an adjustment/setting for the touch sensitivity of the jogwheels.
- Test your hardware with another computer and/or with another dj application

Posted Wed 26 Nov 14 @ 6:48 pm
The Get Beta Builds worked.....Why is that?

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 11:43 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Presumably after enabling beta builds, you were asked to update - so there must have been an issue in the build you were using that was resolved in a later build.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 11:46 am
It just worked for about 10 minutes and now we are back to the same damn problem! why?! I don't know what to do at this point.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 11:54 am
Its like only working while one side is playing

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 11:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
[quote=]It just worked for about 10 minutes and now we are back to the same damn problem! why?! I don't know what to do at this point.[/quote]

I have the feeling that it has to do with the login and the license validation. Can you please try to create an account based on the email of the purchase here http://www.virtualdj.com/users/register.html and use a proper login (username) instead of the automatic userxxxx that the system provides after purchase ?
After that, logout in VirtualDJ and login again.

Posted Thu 27 Nov 14 @ 12:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)