Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: HAD A VDJ 8 2048 Build crash.. then the next time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ KyriPRO InfinityMember since 2006
............... the next time after was all ok...!! So im not sure if it's someting to worry about.. or it was just my system...

also.. when i turn my paramater knob on my MC6000 mk1 for an effect... i see it on the screen kinda being choppy in its movent.. again.. not sure if its my system or just cause i have the skin down to 14fsp..[fps] which ever..

Other than that.......... The Builds have been AWESOME AND ROCK SOLID......... Is there a way of logging into my vdj8 or me sending you all a log of stuff..?

Posted Sun 23 Nov 14 @ 10:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Were you connected to the Internet when the crash occurred (cause we didnt receive a crash from you) ?
When the crash happened, did the software re-opened automatically or was that a Windows crash (application stopped working) ?

Posted Mon 24 Nov 14 @ 7:16 am
no i had to restart it my self.. and no i was not connected.. 99.9% i do not connect when Im playing live.. UNLESS im broadcasting... Is there a way for you or me to go in and grab the report... Im not sure if it was my system or just that build...

p.s. it worked fine the next day... i was just curious and also giving you guys some feed back, that's all...

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 12:56 am
DJ Kyri wrote :
also.. when i turn my paramater knob on my MC6000 mk1 for an effect... i see it on the screen kinda being choppy in its movent..

Do yourself a favor. Test this out at home. Because some of the effects were made for 7, and try to load the parameters, I have found that turning the selector knob on the MC6000 fast, will crash the software. I actually have not tried this on 8, because it crashed on 7. So, I no longer use the selector knob to search for effects. As stated, you should test things out at home, then you will not be surprised.

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 5:05 pm
in the begining it would crash.. all the new builds are fine.. and im making sure I get effects/samples and what not for VDJ8... again.. the previous build was good.

Let me add.... the little glitch in the "fluidity" of the Param. knob is for one of the NEW EFFECTS FOR VDJ8 -----Echo loop out ----

maybe that will help you guys...

My SkinFPS is set to 14. Yes it's low cause I realy dont care to to much about the screen..plus i dont need system resources used on that!.. again.. I DJ.. I use my EARS.. lol but it is cool to have something AT LEAST!..

that being said, ill try and raising it up a little bit and see what happens then, when i get a chance....

I'll repeat... the knob is NOT and issue it's more me giving the DEVs a heads up.
The Crash or whatever you call it (ONLY HAPPENED ONCE!) is me scratching my head trying to figure out with that came from!
IT's NEVER DONE THAT AGAIN..

and OVER ALL THE BUILDS ARE GETTING STRONGER AND BETTER AND BETTER!

Posted Tue 25 Nov 14 @ 10:44 pm
I have been crashing. I am using VDJ8*. I am on the Internet, streaming. I am using an Imac. This is happening 2 to 5 times a week, always while I am also using Second LIfe. Both programs go down. I reboot both. At first I thought my internet provider was just dropping off, but I have broadcast from two separate IP addresses, and it happens at both places. I suspect it is VDJ8* because that is the only thing that has changed. Does anyone have any thoughts? I do NOT want to go back to VDJ7! I shutter to even think about that.

Posted Mon 08 Dec 14 @ 3:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)