Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Audio/Video Stuttering with NuMark MixPro 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am a new user (as of November 13, 2014) of VDJ8. I am also noticing a audio/video stuttering problem occurring and it appears to be happening with the NuMark MixPro 2. I am currently running the software on a Dell Precision M6500 Laptop running Windows 7, it is a quadcore i5 with 8 Gigs of ram. I was watching the performance monitor and so no problems with CPU Utilization. There appears to be some connection with manipulating the controls when this happens, but it does occur even when a single deck is playing and nothing else going on. It is intermittant, but this would be intolerable during a performance. I am a month and a half away from the gig and this needs to be fixed. Can someone please help? The files themselves are all mp4s.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 11:27 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:10 am
Disabling Bluetooth on my laptop MAY have cured this for me... Will wait and see

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 1:42 am
@DJDad Thanks for all the information. This turned out to be a USB 3.0 incompatibility issue. I tried updating the drivers from Dell's site, the problem remained. Since NuMark is using class compliant drivers, then I would suggest that there is either some issue in the way that Virtual DJ is handling USB 3.0 ports and/or problems with USB 3.0 drivers using NEC hardware. Considering the number of people that have reported this problem, this may well be an issue on many machines that have USB 3.0 ports. Since I also have two USB 2.0 ports I was able to circumvent the problem by using them instead. The problem disappeared after that. Hopefully, I won't have any others.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 11:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)