Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2031 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

- more choices in advanced option "getCuesFromTag" to allow import serato/traktor cues on existing database entries
- automatically compensate for badly wired needle (inverted phase) for traktor mk2 timecodes

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 10:00 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
sclavel wrote :
- more choices in advanced option "getCuesFromTag" to allow import serato/traktor cues on existing database entries

Oh s_it..

You guys just quietly slipped this in there..
That's what up.. :) I see you guys are listening and going for the competition hard..

*Thumbs up*

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 11:33 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not tried tracktor yet but SDJ cues are now visible *2 thumbs up*
Go for the jugular (loops & track colours)
(how do Don Houde & I go about claiming our prize ;-) )

*edit*
Still not seeing traktor cues but I'm willing to admit I'm probably using traktor wrong. (I'll wait till someone who knows chimes in)

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:09 am
My sound quality seems detoriated with the latest version 2031.862. Hearing slight sizzles while playing songs. OS Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Pioneer DDJ-ERGO V. Previous versions were running smoothly.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 1:45 am
sclavel wrote :
- more choices in advanced option

What options where??

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:22 am
Advanced options, search: getCuesFromTags (options are) Always|For New Tracks|No

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 4:38 am
This is huge....... How soon before it works with rekordbox

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 8:10 am
new build,on startup the cpu meter goes up to 100% stays there for a couple of mins,then down to 70>90% for long minutes,its impossible to scratch, lot of stutter, tracks play with distortion, going back to 2028 or less....

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:14 pm
vdj_pARtybOy wrote :
new build,on startup the cpu meter goes up to 100% stays there for a couple of mins,then down to 70>90% for long minutes,its impossible to scratch, lot of stutter, tracks play with distortion, going back to 2028 or less....

Sounds like you need a fresh install of your OS because the problems you mention sounds isolated. Every build sounds discouraging on your account

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 12:39 pm
I recently bootcamped winxp on my mac,to update firmware on one of my scs1d, then reverted back the partition,maybe it messed up something,I think I will do that, fresh install.
thanks for the tip Dj Sky-Trendsetters

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 1:27 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I guess you guys got my crash report, I just switching between the Fruit skin and the default skin when it crashed

Process: VirtualDJ [62021]
Path: /Applications/VirtualDJ 8.app/Contents/MacOS/VirtualDJ
Identifier: com.atomixproductions.virtualdj
Version: 8.0.0 (8.0.2027)
Code Type: X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process: ??? [1]
Responsible: VirtualDJ [62021]
User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2014-11-14 15:53:29.386 -0500
OS Version: Mac OS X 10.10 (14A389)

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 3:00 pm
to the dev team

something wrong with pitch quality that affecting the sl3 box i been playing with pitch quality from 0 to 2 right getting all the problem like vdj patryboy so i try it like this -2 all the problem stop but the sound of the track does not sound clear so i keep playing with it and i hit shift #0 and like that the scratching crisp no wave drift when scratching slow the only thing is the sound is ok but not as clear like before i hit shift #0.but it does not stay like that it goes back to 0 so something i did when i press shift #0 put all my problem away but the sound is not that clear and crisp so something wrong with pitch quality when it come to the sl3 box with timecode vinyl help.can u please take a look at this issue.thanks

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 3:54 pm
if i can get the sample rate to sound better when i have pitch guilty on 0 and master tempo on it will be perfect on timecode vinyl with the sl3 box vdj not ready sl3 samplerate right that why i think i am having problem to

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 5:14 pm
i can't get the sample rate to sound better when i have pitch guilty on 0 and master tempo on .it will be perfect on timecode vinyl with the sl3 box but vdj 8 not reading sl3 samplerate right when i have it on 0 but the scratching is prefect so when i put it on 1 or 2 i get air and a little drift when i scratch slow so this is why i think i am having problem to.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 6:35 pm
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I noticed the the 'Write Tag" Option is no longer present as an option when the Tag Editor is open. Is that because this button is no longer needed or did this accidentally get left out.

...and nice work guys!

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 10:36 pm
@ProfLee If you've setTagsAuto to yes then the button isn't needed so it isn't shown.

Posted Fri 14 Nov 14 @ 11:59 pm
just to add and issue with timecode vinyl the timecode button is not working right on the software when i press timecode off and on from the vdj software it make the track skip.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 2:30 am
Since updating to this build 2 issues:

1-I can't see serato cues. I have ''getCuesFromTags'' set to always. I set some new cue points for a couple of tracks in sdj then went to check serato crates in vdj but haven't seen any changes.

2-Right deck plays slightly faster than the left deck. i.e both decks are at 128bpm but left deck is falling off beat as if it was playing at lower bpm like 127.
However when motor is off, both are synchronized.

I'm using the Numark NS7II mac osx mavericks.

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 3:33 am
angelt99 wrote :
just to add and issue with timecode vinyl the timecode button is not working right on the software when i press timecode off and on from the vdj software it make the track skip.

Have you tried using your hercules as a soundcard instead of the SL3 to see if the problems still exist?

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 3:43 am
The sound is worse, distorted, returned the shots and bursts of noise to the loading of the video tracks that were present only in the first build (with Numark NS7II)
cpu meter very low
maximum temperature 70 °
2000rpm fans

this happens with

Mac 10.8.5
2,3Ghz i7 GeForce GT650M 512MB
Numark NS7II
VDJ8 2031.862

Posted Sat 15 Nov 14 @ 4:08 am
71%