Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Focus on timecode - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
kradcliffe wrote :
I would dump timecode. It's last century technology that Serato have hung on to so old skool DJs can still use decks and CD players. Everyone seems to want to be like Serato rather than doing their own thing.

I can't imagine more than 2% of VDJ users using it on a gig, and to me this new software should be concentrating on midi controllers and new features eg. playlist management and video as that is where 99% of the users are.

Personal opinion of course!

Everyone want to be like Serato because they have the winning formula. Serato backed pro dj's first - timecode users. Cd players and turntables.
Vdj main problem is image. Vdj has to improve their image, they can't be just seen the software used by wack dj's.

It is a simple business strategy - they have to draw new blood in.

Vdj is doing the right thing by targeting timecode users. CD player and turntables are still the most recognized platform for DJ's.

I read serato forums, traktor forums, denon forum, poineer forums, numark etc..- the opinions remain the same across the internet. While it not matter to you, or others here, what people think about the software, what people say across the internet does matter to how well the company does.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 12:31 am
Advokut wrote :
We'll there are other BiG Name DJs outside of EDM, just for the record. Shiftee, craze, eskai83, mixmaster mike .. I could go on for hours, so don't make the foolish mistake to think that there are no DJs that still put on the best show using turntables ;)

Foolish mistake???? The only foolish mistake is you thinking this is somehow important. You could go on for hours, but it would still mean nothing to me. I'm sure those guys you mentioned have a little following, but so does Honey Boo Boo, Charles Manson, and Jeffrey Dahmer, so what's your point? My point, since you missed it is, how does using the same equipment that ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD USES, have any bearing, whatsoever, on my life, or yours for that matter? I have never, evvvvvvver, had anyone not hire me because of the equipment that I use, and I'm in my 49th year of doing this. " I'm sorry A Man and His Music, but you no longer use turntables, so we gave the gig to what's his name". Never, ever happened. Only people that are talking about this is other DJs, and most of you know what I think of them. The whole fight about turntables and controllers, Macs and PCs, Apple and Samsung, MaryAnn and Ginger, is silly. I'm not trying to be like anyone else, but me. Looking at what someone else is doing, is taking away time that I can use to better myself. None of these people help me put gas in my car or food on my table, so how do they matter? Find something else to fight about, because the crying about the team favoring one group over the other, as far as fixes and updates, does not pass the smell test.

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:08 am
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Oh my... That wasn't aimed at you especially. Honestly I don't care about you or the way you see things, sorry, but my point is still valid IMO

Further I won't comment on anything else you said, cause, who cares. Just don't lecture us on the importance (or not) of DVS, see, Atomix focused on timecode for a reason, either you like cdjs, turntables, DVS, turntable DJs or whatever. That's your issue then. For the rest of us, why not let us embrace the old and combine with new technique. Sorry for rambling, but sometimes something's just make me go hmmm. Best regards, and have a very nice day

Btw, why quote that much, when it's easily adressable with username. All these quotes mess up the mobile browsing on here

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 2:39 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
:) I wonder how long the thread will stay open now..

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 3:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I wonder too

Posted Thu 13 Nov 14 @ 5:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)