Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Songs automaticly start if i select them in the browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sqeekPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi Guys,

When i start doing stuff with vdj 8 all of the sudden tracks will automaticly start playing (headphones if i have a cue on, deck if not), this happens after like 10-15mins.
It's like a "pre-listen" thingie, if i click on the same song again it stops..

Is there any hotkey im pressing or function im activating without knowing ? ;)

And more importantly, can i turn it off so the only way its going to play (either in headphones or speakers) once i drag/doubleclick it to a deck.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Bob

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 12:24 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Somehow you have enabled the Prelisten player. Probably something is mapped in your controller to do so ?
the action to open/close - start/stop the Prelisten Player is .. prelisten. Can you check your controller and keyboard mapper ?

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 12:55 pm
sqeekPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I have a denon DN-MC6000, checked the mappings but don't see Prelisten configured anywhere..
Can't just disable the function in general?

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 1:19 pm
Yes, this happens to me occasionally as well.

I also use the MC6000. All you do is select a song in the browser and it starts playing... not sure if a mapping would/could do that.

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 2:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
You can route the prelisten output to nothing via audio config but it would be better to figure out how you're enabling prelisten and stop it from happening.

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 2:20 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you opened the POI Editor maybe and closed while the track was playing ? If this is the case, then i think it should have been fixed already.
Anyways, if you map a keyboard shortcut as ..prelisten, then you can turn that off if happens next time.

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 2:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)