Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Garbage?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

While I would much rather prefer to use Virtual DJ 8, there is a lot of bugs. This thing crackles, it will automatically change my pause/play feature into a slow down like hitting start/stop on a turntable (which would be nice if I knew how to control those features, but this does it on it's on only on ONE SIDE which is annoying AF). Then one side will auto gain much higher than the other. I am using a Mackbook Pro on Mavericks OS X and I have this baby maxed out on Ram. My cpu usage is always only 2-3 bars with no other features running. First I thought it was my Numark NS7ii, but after I restarted I learned it was Virtual DJ 8. Now the features on my DJ controller in Virtual DJ 8 run much different than Virtual DJ 7, which I prefer 8, but this is some bs.

I can't even record because once I manage to get it sync'd, it will shoot out of sync as well when I use the filter knob on my controller (regardless of Filter Roll feature or regular Filter). Virtual DJ 8 cannot handle this DJ controller point blank. 7 tries too, but even that program is too outdated for the features on this one. Please FIX THIS!
I am starting to regret purchasing my Infinity Pro subscription here.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 12:21 pm
Have you read this?

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 7:38 pm
TulsaDJPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Is this happening on the right deck for you? I have the original NS7, and there are times when I go to start a song, and it's like the startup speed is set to max. I have to recue, turn the startup speed to max, then back to minimum, and it'll be correct again.

It's acting like it's losing the position of the startup time.

I've also had it just flat out stop playing on the right side as well as if I had hit either the stop or pause... can't remember which.

I've been unable to reproduce at home.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 5:08 am
Yes I have read it. Still doesn't answer what I was facing on Virtual DJ 8. But I am using 7 now and I'll just use that for now.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 6:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Which build are you using ? the beta (2021) or the public one (2003) ?

Couple of notes..

- If you find that tracks loaded on both sides cant stay in Sync as they play (even if SYNC is pressed) and one of them is moving faster or slower, close VDJ, power off NS7II, wait for 3-5 secs, power ON, and re-launch VDJ8
There will be a fix in the mapping files soon, to offer the nominal speed on launch (as it could get a different value, if you have used another software before that), so the above will not be necessary.

- If you find that the GAINs are not to the same level on both decks, most likely you have loaded a track that has never been played/analyzed before and you have pressed PLAY before the track is fully loaded

- About the Filter Roll, there will be an update very soon, due to the recent Loop Roll changes.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 8:36 pm
TulsaDJ wrote :
Is this happening on the right deck for you? I have the original NS7, and there are times when I go to start a song, and it's like the startup speed is set to max. I have to recue, turn the startup speed to max, then back to minimum, and it'll be correct again.

I've also had it just flat out stop playing on the right side as well as if I had hit either the stop or pause... can't remember which.

Yes!!!!! I am having the same problem. I am djing my start time for the deck is set to instant start. You can play 20 tracks and its fine. then al of a sudden for no reason you press play and it starts up with a realy slow speed. As if the start time has been changed . Make me look stupid. Makes me feel like i need to switch back to Serato. ( not that i want to) There are issues with this program also. I contacted virtual dj support for help and they told me to post my problem on line. That got me no where. At least I know now some one else is having the smame problem.

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 7:20 pm
jeffknee40 wrote :
TulsaDJ wrote :

Yes!!!!! I am having the same problem. I am djing my start time for the deck is set to instant start. You can play 20 tracks and its fine. then al of a sudden for no reason you press play and it starts up with a realy slow speed. As if the start time has been changed . Make me look stupid. Makes me feel like i need to switch back to Serato. ( not that i want to) There are issues with this program also. I contacted virtual dj support for help and they told me to post my problem on line. That got me no where. At least I know now some one else is having the smame problem.

startup time knob should be set at - or turn it anticlockwise to zero.that fixes the delayed startup time.but ns7 has issues with vdj8

Posted Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 5:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)