Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: V8 Build 2003 Still Crashes with native skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gmazoniPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I was using the platter as a jog search in the second deck then the program had a crash.
Build 2003. Windows 8.1 Pro

You say that V8 is now fully stable and its crashes a lot, second time in this week.
Do I have to downgrade to V7 to use it with no fear?

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 4:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The last crash we had from you was with build 1923, which means that either you were not online (connected to Internet) when the crash occurred, or you got a Windows crash/freeze and not a software one.
Are you able to reproduce it and provide the steps to the Dev Team ?

Posted Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 4:47 pm
I am unable to reproduce, because it happens randomly.

The program closes, then a message of Windows appears. I Just have the option to close the message. I have internet connection.
When I restart the program, it behaves like I didn't used it when it had a crash, unlikely with the others versions, that the program restarts playing the same music when it crashes.

I think that the problem consists in the USB HID Library, some kind of synchronism in the USB pool interval, I remember that I saw in a ChangeLog that the dev team moved some config in the LED interval. After that, I am experiencing crashes.

My controller is a custom controller that I've made based in the HID. I can send the device.xml if you want.

At the moment, I have a impasse in what version to use, the V8 offers better sound quality, POIs, and sampler pads, but unfortunately crashes and can not record samples without manually adding then to a slot, thus the V7 have better controller integration, but worst sound quality, horrible filters and effects integration and poor search resources. All of the undesired V7 characteristics is compensated by the stability.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 4:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So, this happens only if this HID controller is connected ? which device is that ? Yes, please send the mapping & definition files to check (use babis@virtualdj.com )
What you experience is a Windows crash, not a software one, so we dont get that crash in our servers. If you think that the new increased LED refreshing rate is what causes the crashes, then you can decrease that from the Options (search for ControllerRefreshrate setting and set it to a lower value, e.g 0.5, 0.2 or even 0.1). If that is the cause of the Windows crash, then most likely it has to do with the poor performance of your computer, OS or USB port internal driver. What is your Operating system ?

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 5:48 am

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 12:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)