Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Edits made in the Automix Editor only appear to save if you close the program.

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

aoaw21Home userMember since 2014
If you edit the automix points between two songs with one playlist open then open another playlist the automix points between those two songs revert to where they were when you opened the program. In this case the same two songs are in both playlists. If you make an edit then restart program and open the second playlist the edit seems to remain.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 11:11 am
7 or 8?
In 8. Have you tried saving the playlist after editing it, then clear it, reopen it and it should play as edited before, and check in settings to see if you've got auto save playlist set to on, that's why it saves the changes when you turn the software off.

The problem is that the automix editor only affects the current playlist .... not the songs themselves ... if that's what you want to do then try playing around with the POI editor.

I'm no expert but I hope it helps.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 9:44 am
Here is a quote from the website. "When you manually tune the mix between two songs, VirtualDJ will remember and use your preferred settings the next time the automix engine mixes these exact two songs together"

This statement seems to contradict what is described in the manual. So what is it? Is it dependent on a particular playlist, or is it codified so when you place the same two songs together in any playlist it remembers how you want them to be mixed? To me the later option is much more useful.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 11:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
As per the manual ..
Your edits will apply next time you select to play the same Playlist using Automix.

This is true of course, but we should probably add that those 2 songs will be mixed in the same way if they "meet" each other in a different Playlist as well (or even part of an Automix list - dont have to be part of a Playlist at all). The way those 2 songs will be mixed in Automix is saved in the database to the record of the 1st song.
so each time you make any changes (using the Automix Editor) for 2 specific tracks, it will affect all other Playlists that possibly have the same 2 tracks as sequential.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 11:50 am
Ok thanks, so just to be clear was it because I didn't save the current playlist before I loaded another one that the edits didn't remain?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 12:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure what happened in your case, but as soon as you edit and close the Automix Editor, the info related on how the 1st track of each pair is mixed with the 2nd track of the same pair, are saved in the database, and will be used next time those tracks will mix together in Automix, even if the Playlist is not saved.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 4:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)