Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2013 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

-Fix loops on variable bpm songs
-BPM display updated on variable bpm songs based on position
- fix potential crash in skins with mouseMask
-updateHotCueOnCueCombo option to disable cue+hotcue overwrite behavior
-Video Sampler drawn on top of visualisations, but still before other video effects
-Fix import iTunes ratings not working for some files on mac
-When multiple sound card definitions exists with the same vid/pid, prefer the one for which the hid/midi controller is also detected
-Fix automix editor prelisten not stopping
-Fix automix editor prelisten reading out of bounds sometimes causing glitches during mixes
-Improve scratch latency for pioneer ddj-sz
-Fix slicer when using multiple buttons simultaneously
-Audio only visualisation can be accessed through slot name "audioonlyvisualisation"
-Fix bug with audio only visualisation being loaded multiple times causing it to use all cpu
-Fix prelisten player not stopping when closing editors

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 4:21 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Thanks You Mr. Clavel!
Thanks for the fix! Mousemask crash with FRUiT's skin. Going to take the beta update now and run a full stress test using FRUiT's skin once again! A full report to come!

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 8:22 am
Been extremely happy with the 2003 build, used it 5 hours straight with time codes and it handled it like a boss. It took everything I threw at it. Well done to the DEVS and all the team, now i'm getting my money's worth :-)

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 8:33 am
I see you are trying to fix audio only visualizations. In build 2013, multiple instances of the same effect are loaded when the effect is used as a audio only visualization and then you select that same visualization in the drop down list. Like you might want to open the interface for the visualization say. Now you have 2 loaded instances on the master.

Early on the loading of the same effect on the same deck or master was common since there are multiple slots for each. This was fixed some time ago.

You just can't have 2 instances of the exact same effect on the same deck or master. You can but it does not make any sense. It goes back to having 2 effects called master etc. I am to drained to explain this all again.

Previously when this was a problem, I had the concept of a surrogate and this worked fine but later on I commented this code out since it was fixed. Now I guess I get to re-enable that code or who knows what might be a problem next.

Instead of handling the visualization as one instance no matter if user selects it again, you decided to load it multiple times. I guess you can't actually get to the UI of the instance of the effect loaded as the visualization. Since when you try and bring up the UI for audio only visualization it gets loaded again.

I can deal with this but it means I have to stop what I am doing, mess with these on going problems again, and put up new versions. No telling just now what other problems can arise from this for effects in general especially when someone is not aware of this.

I guess you wanted to make it nearly impossible for a 3rd party to create custom interfaces and for effects that might want to do something more then just draw something. You have to cover your ass big time to make it work and most will not be able to do this.

The fix for audio only visualizations for you seemed straight forward to me but someone decided that you should load it twice. What?

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 9:30 am
djmrmcPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Still not working from previous beta (1995) guys.

-fix high cpu usage when using 2 pioneer controllers with same mapping
-vibration threshold for hid jogspeed

Using 2 CDJ2000s

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 11:56 am
delay when hits samples

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 11:57 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
djmrmc wrote :

Using 2 CDJ2000s

Im not having problem with my cdj2000s ?

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 1:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Don Moir wrote :
The fix for audio only visualizations for you seemed straight forward to me but someone decided that you should load it twice. What?

To make the audio only visualisation switch seamless from video tracks to audio tracks, it can move from master to deck and back.
(The effect is applied as a master effect when both decks are audio, but it is applied on the audio deck if only one video track is loaded)

Therefore, if you select the effect on the master, while it is automatically loaded on the deck, it will not be the same instance. If you want to modify that instance, you have to select the interface from the deck effects instead.
Of course this is indeed not very user-friendly, which is why (as you suggested before) the audio only visualisation can now be accessed on it's own slot as well.
There are still a few bugs with this that will be fixed in the next build, but basically any of the effect_* actions will be able to be used used for the audio only visualisation by adding 'audioonlyvisualisation' instead of a slot number. (For example effect_show_gui 'audioonlyvisualisation')

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 2:35 pm
Will be great when there is a solid game plan for the audio only visualizations which there should have been months ago (before release). I put the surrogate logic back in for my own self and won't remove it again but good luck when things keep changing like this at this point in time.

And good there will be a common form of access to the audio only visualizations.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 4:14 pm
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
2013.833 with FRUiT's skin is a winner. No crashes so far... hopefully it will stay solid!

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 6:29 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Playing 2 songs Loop out with one,2nd on playing & clone the one playing with 1st one looping out it will crash.( lights flashing but No control )

OSX 10.9.2 / 2.6Ghz i7/ 8Gb RAM

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 8:00 pm
Beat Grid Now has BAD Distortion And some songs sound like under water when over the + pitch

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 10:51 pm
Drag a song in a deck & it will freezes Up,did it 2x LIVE on VDJ-Radio had to Close/restart VDJ.

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 11:03 pm
asthedj wrote :
Drag a song in a deck & it will freezes Up,did it 2x LIVE on VDJ-Radio had to Close/restart VDJ.

Care to explain, no one else seems to be reporting this

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 7:23 am
djmrmc wrote :

Using 2 CDJ2000s

tried this on both nexus and regular cdj2000s, and cannot replicate the high cpu usage... are you on mac perhaps? I'm on pc and cannot recreate this...

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 7:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I've also been unable to replicate on PC with a pair of 2000 Nexus.

The vibration threshold needs a definition update to make the feature live.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:35 am
track skips if I press play holding the vynil, MWinstantplay on or off, if MWInstP is ON there is also a bug pitch up jump on start when using hot cues or cue, but scs1d always worked with option OFF.
cloning decks doesnt work proper, cloned track is 1/4 beat behind,
some static when scratching slow/drag,cpu on red with several tracks on analyze (b1845 had no problems)

what is "-vibration threshold for hid jogspeed" ??
if it is what I'm thinking,then the motorized platters(scs1d) also need this fix(mac/osx), when holding the platter still, sometimes I get some stutter/vibration in very small amounts.I think this would fix the slow scratch/dragging issue.
when will we have the scs1d platter speed with tempo fader update??
looking forward
thank you

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:39 am
MrBlubke wrote :
djmrmc wrote :

Using 2 CDJ2000s

tried this on both nexus and regular cdj2000s, and cannot replicate the high cpu usage... are you on mac perhaps? I'm on pc and cannot recreate this...

Thanks MrBlubke.

PC here too. Core 2 Duo 2.2ghz, 4GB Ram & Win 64bit SP1

Hmmm. I have tried everything I can think of (removing all mappers both factory and custom, reinstalling V8 and V7, deleting settings.xml & controllers.dat) and none of which has helped.

Only have the issue in v8. Obviously the problem is isolated to me then.

I've just been trying to avoid doing a full reinstall of windows. I'll dig up spare SSD for the lappy and do a fresh install and wait till I get back to the club and have another go. The CDJs function exactly as they're supposed to just the high CPU usage and as I have previously mentioned the minute I use a different mapper for each CDJ the CPU usage drops back to where it should be.(10-20% as opposed to 50-60%)

I won't post on it any further if others have no issue with it and just try more troubleshooting on my end.

*Edit* Thanks SBDJ..... will wait for the definition update.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:41 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
The vibration threshold is just that - a way of detecting and preventing small platter movements due to physical vibration. It is nothing to do with the problem you are experiencing.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:41 am
SBDJ wrote :
The vibration threshold is just that - a way of detecting and preventing small platter movements due to physical vibration. It is nothing to do with the problem you are experiencing.

I know :) Just noticed at work last night the waveform still moving when cued hence why I included it.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 8:43 am
31%