Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ No Longer On Top Of All Other Windows

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am running VirtualDJ 8.0.0 Mac Build 2003.833 on Mac OSX v10.9.4.

I don't know what I did in VirtualDJ to cause this, but the fullscreen VirtualDJ window is stuck behind the Apple menu bar and dock. This is preventing me from accessing all the controls on the top of the VirtualDJ window (including minimize/maximize). I am unable to bring it back to the top.

How do I get VirtualDJ to return to fullscreen and on top of all other windows without restarting it?

Thanks.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 9:19 pm
Can anyone help with this?

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 9:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Since you cant access the maximize button, the easiest way is to delete the setting.xml from Documents/VirtualDJ and re-launch.

Btw, if you are using the default skin, and its in semi-maximize mode, you should be able to grab the skin from the edges and move it, so you could resize it as well and access the maximize buttons.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 10:02 pm
OK. But is there a way of fixing this issue without restarting VirtualDJ? Any shortcut keys to change it from a maximized to windowed state?

There are no options for this in the menu bar. Perhaps there should be...?

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 1:04 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Put the word 'maximize' in a custom button so you can access the function without restarting.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 7:09 am
Fruit wrote :
Put the word 'maximize' in a custom button so you can access the function without restarting.

OK, cool - that works.

I don't really want to waste a custom button on an application feature that should come as standard.

Can the window options be added to the menu bar? They should be there anyway.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 5:20 pm
u can program it to a keyboard key instead u have plenty of those :-)

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 8:09 pm
wickedmix wrote :
u can program it to a keyboard key instead u have plenty of those :-)

Yes, I can. And that's fine as a short-term workaround.

But where would you normally expect to find options to minimize/maximize a window? On your keyboard? On a custom button?

Every other single program (rightly) implements these functions in the menu bar, because that's where they belong. If you're developing software for a particular platform, you should stick with that platform's expected design conventions.

VirtualDJ have simply missed a requirement here, and I'm asking if it can be properly addressed in a future build?

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 8:39 pm
of course work around :-)

I'm sure they will fix it when they get a handle on it

Posted Fri 24 Oct 14 @ 11:36 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)