Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Since latest update (16/10/14) Going from video to audio causes instability then crash

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Since the latest update I received on 16/10/14 moving from a video to audio track - sometimes not the first time but it does eventually do it - causes the vdj8 interface to start lagging and jittering as well as video output to freeze. Then trying to load another track then causes the program to become completely unresponsive requiring you to log out or ctrl-alt-del to be able to close and restart the program. CPU usage indicator shows minimal CPU usage during these issues so I don't think it's overloading that. I had to completely abandon trying to play video last night due to this issue. Can be re-created every time.
Windows 8.1

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 9:25 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Do you have a visualisation enabled? If so which one? Does the problem still occur with it disabled?

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 9:53 am
I was literally just about to post about this. When you go from video to audio w/milkdrop enabled, after a while it slows to a crash. I crashed twice during my gig last night. I specifically went from karaoke to audio, then milkdrop stops (black screen)...but when I load a mp4 video it seems to correct it. Milkdrop comes back alive. But as soon as a karaoke track is played, milkdrop crashes and after a while, jittering then freeze, then crash. I had no problems until this latest update.

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 10:35 am
Same here, everything was working perfect until the latest update. I tried different visualisations but the results were the same

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 10:55 am
Kind of wish I revert back a build until this is resolved... but oh well

Posted Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 3:28 pm
KymckieHome userMember since 2014
Since updating my Mac software I am unable to use Virtual DJ, I can open the programme but when I load tracks they won't play and just have an erro message underneath? Please help?

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 4:22 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
updated your Mac to 10.10 ?
how do you load your tracks ? itunes playlists ?
Which build of VDJ are you using ? The latest is b.2003 btw

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 4:37 am
eclipseentertainers wrote :
Kind of wish I revert back a build until this is resolved... but oh well

That would be a great idea

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 11:23 am
You can download older builds if you need them :)

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 7:39 am
Oh really? Where do I download older builds?? Thanks in advance!

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 11:22 am

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 1:55 pm
Thanks!

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 3:41 am
I tried reverting back a build, and still, milkdrop is crashing vdj8. Not sure where to turn at this point. I can't seem to resolve this issue. Running VDJ 8 build 2003.833 w/milkdrop8 on Windows 8.1, 8 gigs ram, 1 gig dedicated video card. - When I go from music video (mp4) to mp3 to karaoke (zipped mp3+g) and Milkdrop is automatically started up on audio only files, the drop down menu for video effect starts flickering and then the audio waves start jittering, then it finally reaches a full freeze into crash. I DJ for a living and it's *critical* that I resolve this. So far, I've done a full windows update, complete with latest .net framework 4.5, latest direct x11, latest drivers for my nvidia dedicated video card. I even tried the virtual DJ reset tool, uninstalled vdj, reinstalled, I tried reverting back a build, still with no luck. I'm reaching the panic stage.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 2:05 pm
I had a similar issue but seemed to get better when I stopped Milkdrop automatically starting with audio only. Instead, I just select it when I need it to run.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 8:59 am
I can't say I've been able to replicate these issues, but if milkdrop is causing you issues then I would recommend you use something else instead.

Does this happen every time? What video transition are you using at the time? You mention you go mp4 > mp3 > mp3+g - is it that exact sequence that causes you issues?

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 9:07 am
It happens with ANY visual effect triggered automatically by an audio only file (in the video settings)

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 11:37 am
OK - you said it was specifically milkdrop in your previous post, hence the confusion.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 3:21 pm
The 2013 build fixed it!! Screen goes black when mixing out of a video randomly, but no crash!!!!

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 3:47 pm
has anyone found a fix for this as im having the same problems with vdj8 since last update.

Posted Sat 25 Oct 14 @ 4:23 am
Latest build (2013) fixed it for me too. Got the black screen issue just once completely randomly and no obvious trigger for it. Back to stable for me

Posted Sun 26 Oct 14 @ 4:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)