Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: more mac issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i noticed last night when i was working the master output meter on the top of the skin has dissapeared on my system, checked all the options and can't get it back on 2,4 & 6 deck skins, it does work on tablet mode skins though, have done a clean install this morning and still no master output is showing.
other mac issues that i have logged before but seem to still be there.

auto crossfade: auto crossfade stopped working sometime ago for me, but only when a controller is connected i currently use adj vms 4.1 & 19mxr units on the software (not at the same time) this just suddenly stopped working halfway through a night only way i can now fade between videos is with the cross fade. this is regardless of weather i have the video crossfade set to link or auto. (have done a fresh full reinstall of my mac since and was still the same after)

Tag info: i still have a lot of tag info not displaying correctly i have dates for first seen/last played etc showing as 2016 & 2017 these dates are showing correctly in the tags and in vdj 7 but seem to be an issues in vdj 8, this is regardless of format mainly i use mp3, mp3&g mp4.

sampler bank: this generally shows 12 banks, until i connect a controller the skin then reduces the banks down to 6 with no way of accessing banks 7-12

i'm currently running a mac book pro late 2011 with mavericks os, 2.7gig processor 4 gig ram and nvidia graphics

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 5:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the Master VU meter will be visible only if Master is present in your Audio setup. There is no Master Output for the software, if an external audio setup is chosen, and the default skins auto-hide this.

For the auto crossfade, i ll have to check. How is the crossfader assigned ? As crossfader or something else ?

For the firstseen field, if not mistaken, this was a bug that has been fixed, however we cant change what the database has atm. If by any chance you try again to import the ver7 database, this will probably go away. (backup your files of course if you intend to go that way.

Hmm you mean samples slots, not banks right ? The Triggerpad view will only show what samples your controller can trigger. If you switch to the List view, you will get all the samples of the bank properly.

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 5:27 am
cheers dj dad, crossfade is set as crossfader_slider on both controllers, but even with the video crossfade set to auto it only works as 'linked' on both controllers, i've just tried deleting the database xml file from the documents folder and i still have date issues, these are being read wrong by vdj, one i checked shows as being first seen 2014 in vdj 7 but 2017 in vdj 8 this is by checking tag info of the files rather thsn the database. i've had this issue since day 1

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 6:37 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
When auto crossfader is not working make sure you have a transition selected. Sounds silly, I know, but check :)

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 8:35 am
thanks sbdj i'll give it a try

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 10:45 am
Just retested this on the vms 4.1 if I set video cross fade to auto it sits in the middle regardless of what's playing and cross fade position, if a manually click on transition it fades left/right as it should. If linked works with audio cross fade have tried different settings to no avail.

Posted Sat 18 Oct 14 @ 12:24 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Did you ensure a transition was actually selected?

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 7:40 am
yes transition is selected and showing in the box, if i manually click the transition box or disconnect the controller and try automix it works as it should

Posted Sun 19 Oct 14 @ 10:36 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)