Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Random Audio stutter...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've tried every build including the latest one and have had the same problem with each. Randomly, usually about every 90 minutes ish, the audio slows and stutters for about 4 seconds then continues. Most of the time the program itself doesn't crash. I play mainly videos but this has happened when I'm playing audio only too.
I initially thought it may be an issue with milkdrop but I don't have that selected at all tonight and it's just done it again.
These are the things I've tried so far
Deselected milkdrop
Increased and decreased video max memory
Changed skin
Uninstalled everything else on Windows including anti virus
Disabled Internet
Changed USB lead to my mixdeck quad
Changed USB lead to my external hard drive
Enabled exclusive audio access

It really random, never on the same song

My setup
Numark mixdeck quad
Macbook pro with Retina Bootcamped to Windows 8 (happened on Windows 7 too)
Virtual dj 8 latest build
Output to projector via display port

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 4:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Does it happen the same time ? Any chance a Windows background process is scheduled at that time ?

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 9:36 pm
I had thought that at one point but it does appear to be random, although the time between stutters is usually around 90 or so mins

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 5:23 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Could it be USB or some hardware device(s) going to sleep? (just a stab in the dark)

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 1:30 pm
I think I may have fixed my issue, although I don't want to get my hopes up. I didn't have any stutter at at last night but to achieve this I disabled all of the Bluetooth drivers in device manager. I had toyed with the idea before as I had disabled Bluetooth on my phone which seemed to have eased the issue. Fingers crossed for next week! I am using a MacBook Pro with retina bootcamped into Windows 8. If it is this, has anyone else experienced this problem? Can't really report it as a bug if it's only on my machine!

Posted Sat 08 Nov 14 @ 4:44 am
Problem is back... I didn't change anything, even went back to the lady build that worked fine and problem is back again.... Help!

Posted Mon 22 Dec 14 @ 1:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)