Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Beatgrid as an overlay onto Scratchwave not workung properly while zoom active

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi.....

in some of the new V8 Skins are beatgrids as an overlay onto scratchwaves visible.

This is a really good thing!

But when you use the skin button "Zoom recall" or try to zoom the waves via mouse scollwheel, both layer will zoom differently. Only the wavezoom with the skin based slider works fine.

I know, this is an "unofficial" skinfeature but a reallly, really good Idea.

I would be glad to hear, when you will have a closer look and offer an "official" way for the skinners to overlay scratchwave with beatgrids and realise a correct way to zoom both correctly.

Greetings from Germany, Alex

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 3:48 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I have both scratch zoom and wave zoom tied together, so they both change at the same time.
I like scratchwave with a beat grid.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 9:36 am
A scratch wave with the beat grid and CUE POINTS would be AWESOME!!

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 12:07 pm
All very skinable.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 12:12 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Cue points info, grids and other useful info, will be probably added in the near future.. dont ask when.. lol. So for now, the only way for the skinners to offer this is this "ugly" hack to overlay a <rhythmzone> over a <scratchwave>, which may cause some issues, if you try to use the Recall, Save etc buttons or just one of the 2 available zoom sliders.

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 4:34 pm
I played with all Waveform parameter and got a pretty good result. The zoomslider are now locked and jumps (resets both) waves to 30%
The only misbehavor scrollwheel zoom just when the mousepointer is over the middlepart (classic Beatmarker). The will zoom separate an need a "reset"

Has now a new, fresh SERATO DJ look and feel ;-)

beatbreaker1 wrote :
A scratch wave with the beat grid and CUE POINTS would be AWESOME!!

like this?

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 3:59 pm
Quote djdad ""ugly" hack"

but dat's wot VDJ is bestist at! Users invent by pushing the boundaries.

It's great to hear that it's on the 'future planning board' I hope to see shifting the wave event horizon left on there too.

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 4:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)