Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: timecode (OFFICIAL THREAD) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

angelt99 wrote :
ok did some testing with timecode vinyl there is a problem when u put pitchquality to 1 then u get pitch fluctuations and when i put pitchquality on 2 its no fluctuations in the pitch and it is eazy to mix in a track so that not good for scratch dj like me we need pitchquality on 1 so we can get a good scratch.DEV WE NEED YA HELP THANKS.

but with a value of 2 you should get good scratch and good timestretch, there shouldn't be any difference on scratch quality.

Posted Mon 20 Oct 14 @ 7:59 pm
I get the same fluctuations no matter if I use 0,1 or 2 as setting

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 6:07 am
Flawless for me and my Denon decks!!

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 9:21 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I still haven't run any of these new betas(since the timecode calibration revamp) through the paces yet, been busy with work.

I wonder if I will find any bugs when I do :)

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 12:10 am
Time codes works fine here, i'm getting steady BPM on the CDJ2000 and no pitch fluctuations since last 2 builds. Issues seems to be isolated to vinyl

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 2:05 pm
TO dasouth2004

DID u try pitchquality on 2 and master tempo on it should be better. for me i do not like master tempo on i turn it off and put pitchquality to 1 for a better scratch but thats when i get pitch fluctuations its so hard to mix that way so something wrong when master tempo is off and put pitchquality to 1 with timecode vinyl.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 14 @ 4:51 pm
yea, mastertempo was on

Posted Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 4:14 am
I contacted the online support again today & got the most awesome support I've ever received!

The problem seems to be a combination of 2 things

1. crappy old vdj timecode vinyls (wich most of us assumed)
2nd issue is my soundcard, the maya 44 usb
The problem is that this soundcard doesn't have phono pre-amps, the reason this did work well in v7 is that there was a software pre-amp.
Sadly enough V8 doesn't use this anymore.
It's very clear that this is the issue, in the calibration menu there's a vu-meter wich hardly moves (wich didn't make me realize what it actually was)
I'm guessing I have 2 options now, buy pre-amps with gain control or buy a new soundcard..
Was looking at the same soundcard that the support tech used ESI u46 dj, but sadly enough they are taken out of production.
As I am low on cash, any decent soundcard option is welcome atm aas long as it has phono inputs (4) & 4 outputs. It also has to be a USB card as I use a laptop.

A big TY to apopsis agin for taking the time to solve/figure this out.
Like I stated in the feedback form, they should double your paycheck :D

Das

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 10:55 am
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Ebay:
Native Instruments Audio 4

That should be decent soundcard for cheap.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 5:03 pm
I can not call i am having a problem when i scratch slow on timecode vinyl its like when the phono jake is loose and u try to scratch u get some air.its hard to explain is any body else having this issue i try changing my setting to see it will go away and even reset it to default and still having this issue.i check all my cables and everything good dev need some help thanks.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 5:06 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I'm not sure if i understand correctly, but if you get this "air" when you move the platter really slow, try to decrease the 'TimecodeSilence' .
Default is 0.200, 0.100 or lower might work better for you.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 5:36 pm
apopsis wrote :
I'm not sure if i understand correctly, but if you get this "air" when you move the platter really slow, try to decrease the 'TimecodeSilence' .
Default is 0.200, 0.100 or lower might work better for you.

ok will do i will try .any good number that u think i should put it on i already try it this way 0.200, 0.100 and still gets some air.but i will try different number thanks i will get back at u .also i am using a serato rane sl3 sound card and my latency is on 4 but i aso try it threw 1 to 10 and 4 was the best so far but still some air when scratching slow.And i do not know what it is but another problem when i have pitch quantity on 1 and master tempo off the track goes fast and slow in some part of the track.put when i put it on 2 it better.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 7:12 pm
thx xgl, just made a bid on an A6 as it's cheaper then any A4 I found.. I'll be back to testing as soon as I get a good card (fingers crossed)
I did hook up a phono pre-amp w/o gain control & the signal went way too loud, not sure why, so if any tech person has an answer for this.. feel free to try & explain it to me

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 7:27 am
Small update, the pitch fluctuations are 100% sure due to the missing phono pre-amp.
I did a very strange setup to test this :D
I hooked up 1 deck to the phono in of my mixer, routed the output to the maya44 & played the gain till I had a good level of signal.
Then routed the output to my internal soundcard.
Pitch only jumps 0.09 ( most likely due to old timecode vinyls) now instead of 0.7

Now if I could only rout my signal via the roland vs2000 (use monitor out for deck 1 & aux out for deck 2), I could atleast record some sets & check it while playing using the master out untill I wait for my soundcard. I tried that yesterday but got a diagonal line as signal, not sure why.. might be couse it's a digital tracker?

Das

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 8:44 am
A.eXe 1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Still having the pitch fluctuations or "wow and flutter" after updating to build 2021. I have tried the solutions that have worked for other people to no prevail so just in case this is isolated to my equipment here is the run down of the equipment that might possibly effect the pitch control and here is what I have noticed.....

Mixer : American Audio DV2 - Pre-amp mixer with built in 4X4 soundcard and natively supported in VDJ 7 and VDJ 8
Timecode Control Vinyl : Serato Scratch Live SCV-12002 and Rane Control Vinyl 2.5 - Doesn't matter which one or which side, I still get pitch movement. Timecode signal is "Good" and the timecode calibration perfectly picks up whatever timecode and side I'm using.
Needles : Shure M44-7 - Both clean and in good shape.
Turntables : Audio-Technica AT-LP120 - The quartz lock is on

I can run VDJ 7 with the same setup listed above and the BPM will not move. The BPM stays steady on VDJ 8 when I'm using the internal soundcard or my Mix Track Pro controller. It's when I start using the TCV that the BPM doesn't stay steady. All the drivers are up to date. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 29 Oct 14 @ 12:07 pm
looks like my bid on the native instruments A6 got accepted, hope this card will do for 2*tcv & if so, I'll be picking it up early next week & get back to testing :)

Posted Thu 30 Oct 14 @ 8:00 pm
dasouth2004 wrote :
looks like my bid on the native instruments A6 got accepted, hope this card will do for 2*tcv & if so, I'll be picking it up early next week & get back to testing :)

I use the A6 for the last 3 months and it's got better performance than the SL3 in my opinion. Sound is crisp and TC works great on VDJ8. Before I had a MAYA44, they are worlds apart

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 10:05 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
My audio six came with tractor, timecode cd's, box, and manuals. Since I had those, I was allowed to register it as mine, get updates, and get a $25 gift card from the store. I used that to get a power supply for the A6. I have mine set as default pass through for when I just want to play audio cd's. The power supply is so I don't have to hook up the usb. The sound from the A6 is very good. TCCD works good with VDJ from my CDJ-1000's. Good luck, I hope you enjoy it.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 11:55 am
Yup couldn't agree more, Native Instruments knows how to make great cards as well as drivers for those cards. RANE could give a s**t less about drivers in my opinion. They've always ran my CPU alittle higher.....

[Moderator edit: Please do not use bad language in your forum posts]

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 12:19 pm
Thanks guys, 3 more days & I can go pick it up :)

Posted Sat 01 Nov 14 @ 5:43 am
65%