Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Had a restart! [SOLVED]

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had VDJ8 restart on me last night!!! 1960.1815 Windows 8.1, Intel i5, 4 gigs of ram. Program suddenly closed and approx one second later reopened. Don't know if sound stopped because it was during setup and nothing was loaded or playing on either deck. I did notice that the "busy" cursor appeared right before the restart!

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 6:55 am
correction to a typo. I'm using latest public build 1960.815
Thank You

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 7:33 am
Seems to have gotten worse: Every 3-5 minutes VDJ8 restarts. Sound does stop and decks are cleared if there are songs loaded! Hoping next update will solve this for me! VDJ8 is unusable to me at this point. Using 1960.821. Thank You!

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 8:32 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Please try with the Beta build (instead of the public one 1960) and see if this is fixed.
To get the Beta builds, either enable the setting GetBetabuilds from VirtualDJ Config->OPTIONS tab (Advanced Settings), or enable this from your virtualdj.com account page

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 9:14 am
Thank You.. I will try this later today!

Posted Thu 09 Oct 14 @ 9:38 am
So I got beta build 1996.823... and again I had a restart a few minures into a set.. I was online so I'm hoping that you got a log of the crash. I played for about another hour.. not a gig.. at home.. and shut it down. Tomorrow I will play some more. If you did get a log can you please take a look at it. Thank you

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 9:41 pm
The crash shows something related to a skin, or the Skin/Graphics engine. (could be related to a skin or an FX GUI). Devs should know better of course.
Can you try with the default skin and see if you can reproduce it ?

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 10:02 pm
jbezz wrote :
So I got beta build 1996.823... and again I had a restart a few minures into a set.. I was online so I'm hoping that you got a log of the crash. I played for about another hour.. not a gig.. at home.. and shut it down. Tomorrow I will play some more. If you did get a log can you please take a look at it. Thank you

I had a similar problem once. I deleted my settings.XML then opened VDJ8, the problem went away

Posted Fri 10 Oct 14 @ 10:39 pm
djdad, I owe you a beer!!!! You were right! I went back to default skin and problem was solved!!! I was using FRUiT's skin for VDJ8. Seems that he just updated it a few days ago (Octy 7th). Maybe you can let him know that his skin has an issue! Thank for for helping me with this .

Posted Sat 11 Oct 14 @ 7:33 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
And, please let me know, what if you decide to reuse the skin ? Do you still have problems ?

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 7:21 am
Fruit wrote :
And, please let me know, what if you decide to reuse the skin ? Do you still have problems ?

We actually had a bug in b2003 (and all builds before) that could potentially crash on skins using mousemask.
It's been fixed for the next build.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 8:09 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
But, I may be wrong but I am also suspecting the <VDJScriptGlobalVariables/> string to not be as long as it should.

When in my skin, I played with menus to add almost all vars to the settings.xml string, I had a similar problem. So the skin would work, if and only if you don't play with all vars. This test has been made in a previous build thus (maybe 1970 or 1973 can't remember exactly).

[EDIT] I should have mentioned, that when I deleted the string, VDJ restarted well.

That may be annoying if other skins would keep their settings in this string.

But I may be wrong, what's actually the length of the <VDJScriptGlobalVariables/> tag ?

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 8:18 am
FRUiT,
As much as I love your skin I do not plan on using it until I can be absolutely sure that it won't cause an issue for me during a live gig! If you would be kind enough to let me know, or should I say let everyone know, when the issues are sorted out I will give it another try! I can not afford to have VDJ8 restart on me during a live gig!
With respect, jbezz

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 10:25 am
I have been testing with this skin for 2 weeks and have only had one restart when playing with album art. Not sure if it was the skin or the program because no-one has responded to my post. I guess there was a crashguard generated.

I used the skin live last night for my gig and had no problems at all.

Keith

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 12:16 pm
Thank You

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 12:17 am
Which build do we expect the mousemask issue to be resolved in as I'd like to go back to using FRUiT's skin?

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 8:14 am
the next one

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 10:43 am
not sure where to post this... I downloaded a skin and now I cannot find the config button to get to my options to change it back

Posted Fri 05 Dec 14 @ 6:26 pm
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djBOB365 wrote :
not sure where to post this... I downloaded a skin and now I cannot find the config button to get to my options to change it back

from folder skin delete this skin

Posted Sun 07 Dec 14 @ 10:05 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)