Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Milkdrop8 takes over video out - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

b1973 (and b1970)
Win 8.1 i5-4690K 16gb ram 120gb ssd

if you have Milkdrop8 as your mp3Visual, and you have a video playing, then load continuously a couple of other videos on the next deck, eventually after a couple of vids Milkdrop8 will take over the video on that deck AND the master video out. the only way to stop it is to restart v8

removing milkdrop8 from the mp3visual setting cures this and I cannot recreate with other visual plugins..

Posted Sat 04 Oct 14 @ 6:25 am
it seems that as you load a file, Milkdrop kicks in on the preview window possibly as it checks wether the loaded file is audio or not then should release the video out.. but its note releasing and the skin slows down to an unusable crawl.

My main system memory is not filling up unexpectedly, (standby memory between 2000mb and 3000Mb)

Does anybody have similar spec but not experiencing this? or could DJSB help??

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 11:48 am
"Is there a bug with visuals where 'milkdrop' (per say) is selected on standby but not running"

would this be a bug where the visualisation cuts in unexpectedly, I recall reading about such a thing a few betas back.

IF I keep milkdrop selected for mp3visuals but remove from 'VideoFX' I don't seem to have the issue :(

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 12:26 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
There is an issue in current builds where the vis will kick in on a deck briefly; this will be fixed in the next update.

Posted Mon 06 Oct 14 @ 12:52 pm

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 9:37 am
You're going to have to give me more details marksmolinski - I'm unable to replicate your original issue here.

* Selected milkdrop8 as vis
* Loaded video on deck 1
* Loaded 30 videos sequentially on deck 2

The video was always displayed.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 9:45 am
ok.
System spec as above, same effects with the Intel onchip graphics (i5 56xx) and AMD HD 5570, AMD HD 6670.

video files are mainly from promoonly download, but also tested with VOB files taken from promoonly DVDs.
I can recreate the problem every time within 3 to 5 videos.

If I deactivate milkdrop then the issues don't occur.

I could start listing all the combinations of videos, but ive tested too many to dropbox out (plus I don't think David would like that idea)

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 10:52 am
also, after some further testing, IF I don't have milkdrop in 'VideoFX' then the issue doesn't occur..

(Milkdrop8 is version 1.2.5.0 )

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 11:05 am
When say don't have Milkdrop8 in VideoFX what do you mean?

Are the test steps I listed above correct?

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 11:27 am
If I follow your steps, Scot, I get milkdrop cut in within about 5 videos.

An observation is that this seems to happen when milkdrop is in VideoFX field..

If I remove milkdrop from there, I don't get the problem but it would still work as intended for MP3's.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 2:38 pm
I'll have a look at that; it might be related to the issue Don mentioned earlier.

No reason to have it selected as the current video effect anyway IMHO if it's active as the visualisation. That's all that field is - the storage for the current 'selected video effect' on the skin.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 5:22 pm
[Build 1996] Fixed the issues I described above.. stress tested this evening with some 50 mp4's in a row and they all showed up as expected, thanks Atomix (and Scott)

Posted Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 2:05 pm
STILL NOT FIXED.

ran in real world scenario over the weekend, and with milkdrop8 in the setting for mp3 visual, it still overrides music videos. When it does this it starts eating CPU to a point where Virtualdj becomes unresponsive and needs a restart.

Im out all day today so cant do any further testing until later.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 5:59 am
Still not been able to replicate, sorry.

You don't still have it selected as the video effect do you?

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 6:49 am
Selected but not activated.
99% of what I play is promoonly video..

Until I can figure out what's wrong or until the bug is fixed, I can run all night without milkdrop.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 6:59 am
So if you don't have it selected there is no problem?

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 8:38 am
Selected but not active.

This meant its showing on the screen milkdrop but active would have the button lit and the visuals overriding as expected.

I like the milkdrop but at the moment they are activating on their own accord.
Do I need to make a video of what I mean with this??

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 10:01 am
Again, if you don't select it in the effect selector then you don't have an issue, right?

This is what I'm trying to work out as the plugin can't activate itself ;)

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 8:00 am
Hi, Can someone help me with a problem with Mikldrop8. I've just got a new laptop with windows 8.1, when I open milkdrop in vdj8 it cause it to crash every time, my old laptop with windows 7 which I'm keeping as backup doesn't have any problem with it, I've tried uninstalling reinstalling makes no difference I have now deleted it but really like it. anybody help. thanks

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 2:09 pm
It is activating itself, as I'm playing 99% video I would not normally need visuals. I will post up a video tonight with the steps I take when this happens..

Posted Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 2:17 pm
77%