Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Going from 4 decks to 2 decks issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Last night I was using the 4 deck skin with deck 4 being used for external line in. I had a song loaded into deck 3 after a short time my pfl and auto cue stopped working on decks 1 & 2. After a couple hours I no longer needed to use the line in and switched back to 2 decks. Still no plf or auto cue. I hit the sync button on deck 2 and it didn't even come close to syncing with deck 1. I realized it synced with deck 3 which I had closed. Switched back to 4 decks unloaded deck 3 the sync worked but still no pfl. Switched the line in back to regular deck and pfl started working. I'm not sure I'd classify this as a bug but when switching from 4 decks to 2 shouldn't the software be rig rammed to ignore the closed decks? The pfl issue might be confined to my controller as Its a two deck controller which when I need 4 decks I use the pitch faders to control the volume on the extra decks

Any thoughts?

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 9:55 am
maybe deck 3 was set to master?
as for pfl has to be some kind of bug

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 11:20 am
Deck 3 may have been set to master, it shouldn't matter though switching back to 2 decks should remove any interaction with 4 decks

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 3:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure if there was an issue with the pfl channel, but the Auto Cue will stop working if you manually turn On/Off a PFL on a deck. To set Auto Cue back to the Auto mode, you just need to have the PFL On to the selected deck and then VDJ will auto send the selected deck on your headphones.

As for the SYNC issue, once you choose to use a 4 deck skin during the night, it will keep the 4 decks "functionality" during the rest of the night, and will not cut the sound of the other 2 deckd as version 7 was doing. So the Masterdeck will keep working the same way , and you will still be able to load all 4 decks, even if you dont see them.
If we choose to have the version 7 behavior, then we would have the same sound "Cuts" on Skins change and you would have loss of sound on the other 2 decks if you decide to change skin.

In your case, i would suggest to use a custom skin that has 2 and 4 decks view on the same skin , and show Masterdeck buttons on both views.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 1:47 am
Dad, the decision to not keep it how it was in version 7 is fine, What is a pain for us using the software is the learning curve of what has changed. I have gone from 4 decks to 2 decks every football season since 2010 with version 7 without issue. Now I encounter this. When we the end user encounter unexpected changes while playing live, we look like idiots trying to scramble and figure out what the issue is. I know there is no real way to find these things out until I use the changed feature.

I was able to replicate the auto pfl issue when line in is selected, not sure what's causing that

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 7:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
When LineIn is disabled, version 8 reloads the file you had loaded on that deck. Not sure what it does if no file was ever loaded there..probably wont load anything. But if it does load something , then apparently makes that deck selected and sends it to PFL, so if you try to send another deck (e.g. deck 1 or deck 2) to PFL, then the Auto Cue is gone, until you disable the deck 3 PFL.

I ll do some tests here too

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 2:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)