Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: VDJ8 SCRIPT

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Can someone tell me how to map the parameter left and right buttons on the DDJ- SX to pitch bend.
I know in vdj7 it was Hot_CUE PARAM+ was the button name and action learned was pitch_bend +5% 500ms

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 1:39 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Each mode (CUES, LOOP, SLICER etc) has a different key for the Parameters Buttons. So you will need to use the same (above) action for all the Keys.

Posted Sat 27 Sep 14 @ 6:20 pm
Is there a way to determine if a video is playing via script? I know you can determine something is playing but includes both audio and video and no distinction.

Posted Sun 28 Sep 14 @ 6:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
video action will return if the video is activated.

deck x is_video .. will return true if a deck is loaded with a video file
deck x is_video ? deck x play ? ... will return true if a deck is playing a video file
If you query all decks, you will probably get what you want.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 1:55 am
I'm use to the pitch bend buttons on my NS6 so I want to map the parameter buttons to respond the same as the pitch bend on my other controllers I don't use the pads other than Launching samples and drops.

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 10:10 am
I upgraded to the DDJ-SX from the NS6 and from VDJ7 to the VDJ8. Here is my issues, the NS6 sounds fine with VDJ7 I can back spin and scratch and scratch drops with no problems. When I try the same with the DDJ-SX the platters sound like digital rewind on the back spinning and back cueing, the song lags and throws off the timing of the drop and it don't sound like a natural scratch. So I started to use the VDJ-8 with the DDJ-SX and The sound is better but it lags slightly when loading songs the screen freezes but the sound continues. After a while of playing VDJ-8 it closes and restarts. I would also like to know if there is a way for VDJ-8 to read the hot cues set in VDJ-7 this was a problem for me when I went live with VDJ-8 and DDJ-SX for the first time. The browser did not recognize a playlist I created hours prior to going live this past weekend, but recognized did the older playlist I saved. I reset the software twice prior to starting and didn't see the new play list. I went into windows VIRTUAL DJ folder and found the playlist in the playlist folder but could not use it that night.

Thanks!

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 10:35 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
What is your pitchquality setting in advanced options? Problems occur with setting 0

Posted Mon 29 Sep 14 @ 8:43 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you've created the playlists with VDJ 7 read this:

PhantomDeejay wrote :
VirtualDj 8 will read VirtualDj 7 database only ONCE (the first time you launch it) and it will create it's own.
After that point any changes you make in version 7 are NOT reflected in version 8 and vice versa.

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 2:37 am
Have you solved the crashing issue?

Posted Tue 30 Sep 14 @ 9:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)