Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Using VMS4.1 Touchslider for song_pos

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

clembraPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi,
I'm migrating from VDJ v7 to v8 and now doing the midi mapping for my VMS4.1.

I've asked this in German Forum and it was suggested to ask here, too (http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/194134/German_Forum/VMS4_1__Touchslider_und_song_pos.html)

With v7 I used the two touchslider of the vms4.1 for song_pos. I could position the song by touching or sliding this stripe and the song position changed relative to the position I touched from 0% (down) as 0:00 of the song to 100% (up) as the end of the song. Touching the slider in the middle means the song was set to its center.

Using VirtualDJ v8 the slider acts more like a jogwheel. With sliding the song jumps forwards or backwards (although far away from its beginning or end). This way it is not really usable.
My mapping commands are
v7: TOUCHSLIDER => play ? nothing : song_pos
v8: L_TOUCHSLIDER => deck left play ? deck left effect_slider 1 : deck left song_pos
R_TOUCHSLIDER => deck right play ? deck right effect_slider 1 : deck right song_pos

Can you tell if this is a bug or wanted feature - and hopefully how to restore the old behavier?

Thanks, Clemens

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 12:31 pm
*bump*
No comment on this? Anyone?

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 1:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The Touchstrips were defined differently to provide more accurate control on Browser scrolling as per the original default mapping. However, indeed they were not performing well with some other actions.
We have now added additional keys TOUCHSLIDER_SLD defined as sliders, so in your case, use the new _SLD keys instead of the old ones.
Changes are available in builds ending at . 815 or higher.

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 4:32 pm
That sounds good, thank you.

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 5:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)