Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sound crack every now and then on playback - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

you might try and disable any webcams and the Ethernet if you don't need it do this in device manager.

also you might disable any software update checking while djing have heard the java update process causes issues.

i guess the real thing is to lean out the machine by uninstalling anything you don't have to have to free up more resources.

stop any system services you don't need be careful you can break your machine if you don't know which are necessary.

have heard this app can be useful pcdecrapifier.com

please don't go deleting stuff without knowing what it is i don't want you to make you PC unusable.

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 2:31 pm
yea, disable wifi, ethernet etc in the device manager..

Posted Fri 03 Oct 14 @ 8:36 am
Updated a few drivers and did my first show with camera and ethernet unplugged and disabled. Its a realtek family controller. No skips at all, worked great for the hour show. Ill keep monitoring and let you guys know.

Really grateful for both of your advice, fingers crossed. Will say as well, asio4all drivers has a better sound quality. The highs to me are a lot more crisper, the whole sound sounds tighter.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 5:26 am
rams1884 wrote :
asio4all drivers has a better sound quality.

I find that hard to believe, as ASIO4ALL is not replacing the standard Windows WDM driver, just piggybacking on top of it to fool ASIO-only software applications (which are rare now) into thinking that the onboard audio interface is ASIO when it's not.

Basically, there should be no need to use it on modern systems, as the majority of software is not restricted to using ASIO and will work fine via normal WDM.

Posted Tue 07 Oct 14 @ 6:23 am
Hi Guys,

Latest on me using Asio4all drivers. I have disabled Camera and wlan driver whilst doing my shows as suggested in earlier post. So far two shows and numerous heavy load testing, this has not created a single blip in the sound so far. Ill give you an update next week but fingers crossed it may have been the ethernet driver.

Thanks again guys for your great support.

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 12:12 pm
Thx for the update, keep it that way!
Generic drivers & WLAN drivers usually sucks, atleast there's asio4all to fix the audio part.
However, when you have an audio device with dedicated asio drivers, I suggest using those instead of asio4all

Das

Posted Sun 12 Oct 14 @ 3:30 pm
Hi Das, Did my third show, previous two fine, and low and behold a 1 sec glitch towards the end!!!! Now i know my tascam usb 100 is no super low latency interface but it should work easily with all the tweeks i have done above. I have now disabled dynamic frequency scaling in my bios that according to a site, having this enabled can sometimes cause an audio problem. I always have my laptop plugged in so im fine having the extra power to the processor. I will now run everything at a latency of 575 Auto, see if this makes a difference!

As always, many thanks for your expertise Das and everyone.

Posted Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 1:18 pm
only option now is keep disabling devices you don't need & keep testing/eliminating
or run latencymon till you get the click & analyze the log (wich can also be pretty hard)

Posted Thu 16 Oct 14 @ 6:00 am
Latency Mon says its fine. Really bizarre. Im thinking of upgrading to a denon mc6000 mk2. This way i have a brand new updated soundcard for windows 8.1. You can update firm ware for it and you get a built in mixer so im not running two soundcards through the system. Will get back to you Das, Thanks my friend.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 9:45 am
Set your power profile to high performance this will help prevent any devices sleeping which could be causing the occasional hiccups in yor audio.

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 10:25 am
Did you run latencymon till you get a pop/crack?
Could be something really stupid like a webcam driver.. if you don't wonna go the latencymon way.. the only option is to disable 1 hardware part in the device managet at a time till it goes away.. Do keep your wifi & ethernet disabled at all timles when using VDJ tho

Posted Tue 21 Oct 14 @ 1:29 pm
Hi South,

After optimizing everything and i mean everything!! i am giving up. Got new soundblaster xfi hd soundcard and i know asio drivers can be a bit glitchy and were with this card so using the wasapi drivers, latency mon showing everything is flying and fine but vdj8 randomly closes and reopens this time after 30 mins of a mix with no sound or any issues at all. After spending 2o hours on it this week i am going back to vdj7.4 and just hope it all works fine with mynew sound cars. Got a gig Thursday night and i now have to reanalyze 23,000 tracks. Not happy and feel really let down by vdj, i love it but i am now seriously considering Serato which has nowhere near the different bits of info vdj gives me but it may be more stable. I could literally cry, its my career on the line if vdj messes up.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 9:10 am
By what you said this being your career and all I suggest you invest in an external ASIO audio interface you will have better results no matter what software you choose in the end. Also all the optimization you have done will improve performance on any dj software so was not in vain. Good luck

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 12:22 pm
Thanks loads Wicked, you are right about it being not in Vain. Its wierd as im about leave my work place after 15 years and im trying to do djing and work part time due to an arthritic condition that says i might not be able to work full time so many is ultra tight. What i want to do is get a denon mc6000 mk2 but just cant afford it.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 2:11 pm

Posted Tue 28 Oct 14 @ 7:27 pm
I'm sorry to hear that rams
Have you tried contacting support?
I know they gave me the most awesome support last week

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 5:50 am
Hi Dasouth, I may have solved my problem at last! I got a new soundcard a sound blaster xfi hd but from another thread one of the vdj admins saw a problem I had. They said an error report had shown I was using fruit browser and this browser skin has a known problem where it shuts down and restarts randomly! Changed to stock vdj browser and I have just done 4 hours of testing using latency mon which was fine. I have done an hour radio show that was fine and did a 6 hour non stop set at a club and it was fine!

The soundcracking problems that I even had with the new soundcard seem to have gone whenever I dont use the creative asio drivers or asio4all. I did all of the above with creative wasapi sound drivers set at 512 auto latency, low priority song load, no over clock and no ultra latency.

Ill report back but once again, thanks loads for your help. I did find this link which is superb, loads off tips that go a bit deeper than the normal audio tips for windows http://www.petri.com/optimize-windows-8-audio-setup-jriver-media-center.htm

All seemed to have helped my system when tested on latency mon. So hope I can comfortably get on with using Vdj8 now, I really love how it works.

Posted Fri 31 Oct 14 @ 8:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)