Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sample Editor appears and dissapears in a sec,

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
Downloaded Sample packs from the download section. Opened VDJ 8 BETA 1960 expanded the Sampler "tree" browsed to the downladed samples, right clicked on one of them, selected "Sample Editor", the window appears and disappears in a second. I can reproduce it any time...

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 6:17 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Maybe the sample is broken or sth..
It would be good if you could upload that sample somewhere and post the link, so that the devs could try to reproduce it with exactly the same file.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 7:50 am
PachN wrote :
Maybe the sample is broken or sth..
It would be good if you could upload that sample somewhere and post the link, so that the devs could try to reproduce it with exactly the same file.

The problem is on the latest "Voice Pack 8, Vocal Pack 8" etc. that you can find in the download section. It doesn't work with any of them. Also in some Video Samples from the user "Cyder". It seems that with the most samples downloaded from here it doesn't work, but it works with some of them... :P

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 8:56 am
Load a sample into a samplerslot before trying to open them with the editor. There's no use in editing a sample if you're not able to use it (as in "not loaded into the sampler")

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:00 am
Martin FourS wrote :
Load a sample into a samplerslot before trying to open them with the editor. There's no use in editing a sample if you're not able to use it (as in "not loaded into the sampler")

That didn't do anything, even if it would, it remains a Bug... If there is an option it must work ;)

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:08 am
Martin FourS wrote :
There's no use in editing a sample if you're not able to use it (as in "not loaded into the sampler")

Then why is there a Sample Editor... right click option on samples in the browser? :-)

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 9:59 am
Does it work if you open the Track Editor instead of the Sample Editor?

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 11:01 am
How should i open the samples with the track editor?
I'm actually not in the mood of expreriments right now :P
I just reported a bug...

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 12:18 pm
Ah sorry, that is not possible. I had the impression that you could also open the Track Editor via context menu.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 12:44 pm
groovindj wrote :
Then why is there a Sample Editor... right click option on samples in the browser? :-)

Caught.... Never noticed it but for me there was no need to try :D

I've DL'ed the Project@8-samplepack, installed it and run into the same problem. The only difference between these samples and the default ones is that the Project@8-samples are compressed / zipped. Running the installer they are nicely put in a separate group in the sampler, they work fine but I'm unable to open them in the editor. They're also not visible in the browser
However: if I unpack them (in Explorer), they won't show in the sampler (you have to put them in manually) but you can open them in the sample-editor. So unzipping them is a solution or the editor should be enabled to manage zipped samples.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 1:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Good find, I've just discovered so myself independently.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 3:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Indeed the Sampler Editor cannot handle zipped Samples (Sample Packs), so for now, the solution is to unzip the file if you wish to edit them.
Not sure if this will be available in some future update, but the original idea was to offer ready made sample packs without allowing the samples to be edited, mostly for copyrights and "protect" the creator's work.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:10 pm
djdad wrote :
the original idea was to offer ready made sample packs without allowing the samples to be edited

That's fair enough, but what would be better is that a message appears, stating that the samples cannot be edited, rather than the editor seeming to be broken.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:43 pm
Copyrights and protect the creators work?? None of those samples are original works by the pack maker, And I'd venture unlicensed. Would it qualify as fair usage? Maybe for the dj but chased back to the source it's atomix who'll get stung.
If content creators want credit then a creative commons licence with a atomix disclaimer, think seriously about this because it could bite you in the arse.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 5:13 pm
Ive just downloaded some sample pack inot virtual dj 8 where are those samples I cant find them

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 1:57 pm
C:\Users\YourMachine\Documents\VirtualDJ\Sampler

If you've installed them.

Posted Sat 20 Dec 14 @ 3:25 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)