Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Is this an Automix issue or have I missed somethin?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This happens to me quite often, but this time I've managed to capture it and can reproduce it!
I open the folder, drag and drop the files into Automix, then check the files with the editor, all the waveforms were complete!
then start Automix and everything's fine until Dynamite ....(booom)... it starts playing and then nothing, no audio, big gap in the waveform, it plays silently thru till it picks up the waveform again and then mixes into the next song as if nothing had happened.
Here's my questions;
Is this happening to anyone else?
Has it got something to do with the exclamation mark on the track time and what is that mark telling me, I have it on several of my songs?

Specs:
Inspiron 5737, i7, 16gb, win 8.1pro

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:21 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Does the track load fine if you drag it directly onto a deck?

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:27 am
yes it's fine then, have also loaded it into a new automix with different songs and it plays fine then as well!

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 4:39 am
Strange... but you said you could reproduce this at will.
So it must be the combination of Dynamite and the track before I guess.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 6:08 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you manage to reproduce it (probably with a combination of tracks), please upload the files and the order (in a txt or playlist file) and share the link with the Team.
Loss of audio during Automix has been reported in the past a few times, but we are not able to reproduce it so far.

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 7:44 pm
Yes, it usually happens at the end of a track where the track keeps counting, as if it is playing but the audio has already run out.

Posted Sat 20 Sep 14 @ 8:26 am
djdad wrote :
If you manage to reproduce it (probably with a combination of tracks), please upload the files and the order (in a txt or playlist file) and share the link with the Team.
Loss of audio during Automix has been reported in the past a few times, but we are not able to reproduce it so far.

Thanks for the answer djdad, I was working all weekend but now I've got some space again. Is there a member of the team that lives somewhere around the Munich area, if so, I could take my laptop and show him?

The reason is because it seems to happen mainly when I put a whole folder into the automix, and I'n not sure how to upload 77 songs, nearly 600mb.

Do you know why I keep getting this exclamation mark in the track length field, I'm pretty sure that it has something to do with the problem, I could upload a few of these tracks for you to look at, should I upload them to here?

thanks again for the help, I appreciate it.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 6:30 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
I will send you a PM.

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 8:36 am
The exlamation mark indicates (at least in v7, but I don't think it has changed) that VDJ thinks the file is broken or has no identified ending or has an abrupt end.
For a detailed and better description have a look into the v7 manual.

If you want to upload files you need to do that with a file hoster like rapidshare or any other. A quick internet search should bring up a bunch of provider.
Or use dropbox or sth...

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 8:39 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could you please upload just a couple of files that have an exclamation mark in version 7 ?

also, is the Smart Automix type that you choose when this happens ?

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 11:35 am
djdad wrote :
Could you please upload just a couple of files that have an exclamation mark in version 7 ?

1, I'm just now scanning everything into v.7.4 again, as I bought my new laptop I started fresh with v.8 and need a few hours (maybe one or two days to scan 140GB of music into v.7.4 again) but as soon as I have it I'll send them to you.

2. No, I'm not using smart mode. It's not smooth enough, I don't like the cuts, normally I use the Fade(remove intro/outro) with 8 seconds fade.

3. I've sent an example file to Haui70 this afternoon

Posted Tue 23 Sep 14 @ 6:05 pm
djdad wrote :

@ djdad
I'm still scanning, but up till now none of the same files have the exclamation mark on the track length in vers7.

Posted Wed 24 Sep 14 @ 7:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)