Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Track starts to play when selecting - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

jamesv1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi

Last night I started to get a problem which is a real nuisance. When I click a track to drag it to the player it opens in the cue point editor and starts to play automatically. It caught me out a couple of times so it sounded terrible through the PA. The first time it happened it took me a few seconds to work out what was happening. I had a look through the preferences but couldn't find anything that has changed and a search here shows up nothing.

I won't have time to check again for the error until later this week but obviously I don't want to get to next weekend with this still happening. Can anybody shed some light on this error?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 3:05 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I am having the same basic issue. I reported a few days back it was acknowledged then nothing. If you fix the issue let me know.

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 3:21 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Cant reproduce anything like this here.
When you click a track, nothing happens. If you click n drag to a deck, the tracks loads. If you double click the track loads into an empty deck.
Can you be more specific on the steps you are following ?
Are you using a touchscreen ?

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 4:22 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
i think he has preview player activated

You'll find the preview player at the top of the info panel (standard skin)

Posted Mon 08 Sep 14 @ 2:37 pm
OK, I didnt do anything to make this change, however I cannot see the preview player anywhere. Some guidance would be appreciated as this is making the software unusable.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 4:28 pm
I dont have touch screen I have used this software for many weeks with no issues. Suddenly when I click on a rack in the search window or track list it automatically starts to play out to my mixer then out the pa.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 4:39 pm
Just to add this doesnt happen all the time just often enough to make life very difficult.

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 4:41 pm
All I see is a Show pre listen control option which is set off

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 5:23 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Test
instead of Drag dropping, right click a track and load on (chosen deck)
What happens?

Posted Sat 13 Sep 14 @ 6:30 pm
I'll check at the weekend when that kit is being used again.

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 12:13 pm
And yes this happened to me yesterday (Sunday). I had both decks loaded, not playing. If I'd click on any song in the browser, it would start playing in the background while both decks remained off. Click on the song again, and it would quit playing. But, doesn't do it today (I'm thinkin' gremlins).:-)

Posted Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 6:36 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What are your settings for the prelisten output?

And did you ever get this message?

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 3:50 am
PachN wrote :
What are your settings for the prelisten output?

And did you ever get this message?

Yes I have seen that message, but I think the confusion here is, for me anyway, is that it just changed on it's own. And we didn't understand that. Both of my decks were idle, but there's music playing because I inadvertently clicked on a song in the browser(??). Never happened before. Then I'm searching all over the place trying to find where the music is coming from. At this moment, I do not have my headphones configured, and it does not do it. Plus, regardless of any settings I change, I cannot recreate the auto playing of a song in the browser when clicked on. Like I said, Gremlins!!:-)

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 7:52 am
I reckon it's not helping very much that the preview player is now tucked away behind the info tab rather than being on display at the bottom of the browser where people can see it.

People are not realising what's going on because they can't see the player unless they happen to have the info tab open.

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 8:55 am
Argument for auto-expand when the previewer is in action?

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 9:15 am
Argument for putting it back where it was in VDJ 7. :-)

Better still, give people a choice of where they want it. I like the idea of it being at the top of the browser, alongside the search box.

More possible enhancements:
When the prelisten player is running, display the fact in the browser with some text (the same way it informs us that tracks are being scanned etc).
Also an option could be added to the browser colour codes to display a progress bar in the browser, highlighting the track itself (as when a track is being scanned).

Posted Tue 16 Sep 14 @ 9:34 am
Is it possible to totally disable the pre-listen. I never use it and if it is this causing the problems then I am more than happy for it to be disabled completely.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 10:00 am
Kind of, in your Audio config set up a preview output to nothing, that will stop the audio but really you want to stop whatever is making it play in the first place.

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 11:48 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using an External mixer setup (with deck 1, deck 2 etc ) ?

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 12:06 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
mrgrumpy1 wrote :

Yes I have seen that message, but I think the confusion here is, for me anyway, is that it just changed on it's own. And we didn't understand that. Both of my decks were idle, but there's music playing because I inadvertently clicked on a song in the browser(??). Never happened before. Then I'm searching all over the place trying to find where the music is coming from. At this moment, I do not have my headphones configured, and it does not do it. Plus, regardless of any settings I change, I cannot recreate the auto playing of a song in the browser when clicked on. Like I said, Gremlins!!:-)

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 2:33 pm
91%