Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer CDJ 400 decks inverted in VD8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Sorry to ask but I own VDJ 7.4.1 and recently installed VDJ 8 when I started hearing about thing getting fixed. I got 2 setups the little one is an M Audio Xponent that works perfect with both versions.The other is a pioneer cdj 400 setup with djm 400 and djm800, this one works flawless in v.7 but in v.8 decks are inverted tried the eject button and changes from deck 1/3 and 2/4 inverted, tried changing the order of usb cables and changed the deck order in sound preferences with no luck. Anyone had a similar issue before I submit a ticket on support. Thanks

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 7:04 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes the EJECT button now acts differently. If you have 2 units one device will cycle through left decks (1 and 3) and the other device will cycle trough right decks (2 and 4). It is much more convenient this way as you dont have to cycle through all decks if you just need to swap the left or the right side.
The proper deck assignment (if incorrect) must be done from the CONTROLLERs tab of Config now. You will see 2 units in the left side (Devices list), and you will have to select one and use the Deck Assignment option to set the device to the correct deck. After that the EJECT button will work as it should.

Once the deck assignment is done, you may also have to swap the decks in the AUDIO tab as well.

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 2:49 pm
I also have 2 cdj400-players. And they are also always reversed in VDJ8. The sound of the left player comes from the soundcard of the right player, and visa-versa. Not in VDJ7. It's not a big bug, but it's not fine every time I put them on, left and right is switched. So you have always to adapt the configuration when you put them on. I'll tried to change the name in the midi settings, but it's no use. Changing midi is also no use. Saving the configuration does nothing. You have always to change the setup manually.
I use the mac-version on a retina mbp.
New use of the eject-button is very good! Changing 1/3 and 2/4 is as it should be.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 3:54 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I think most of the CDJs (and single deck devices) users have more or less the same issue. And even if i ve read a lot of workarounds and tried several myself too, sometimes they get reverted indeed.
Anyways, there is always a way to swap audio (with the swapping icon in the details column) and Midi too from the Controllers tab, but i am sure we ll need some kind of a tool to get this easier. It has been reported and is at the todo list , but we have no ETA.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 4:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)