Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Not Saving Sound Effects

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why deck 3 & 4 is not saving effects?
Regardless of any skin or or manually input the audio effects name into the audio effects options or select on the effects slot/s be it solo or multiple, upon re-opening the software it's always empty on these mentioned deck.

Deck 1 & 2 don't have any problem at all.
Maybe I fail to spot something.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:24 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Confirmed here, it appears as though upon start up V8 only reads the slot settings for decks 1 & 2 from settings xml, it writes for decks 3 & 4 on closing. but doesn't recall on startup.

Good spot.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:49 am
So strange only 2 guys using 4deck...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is a known issue. Its in our bugs list and hopefully fixed soon.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 3:25 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Thanks for the update.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 4:58 am
djranes wrote :

Maybe everyone else is not bothered about whether effects are remembered between sessions. :-)

In most cases, DJs would open VDJ at the start of a gig and not close it until the end of the gig.

When they open it again at the next gig, they'll probably be playing different tracks and want different effects.

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 5:02 am
Still hoping the dev-team is not forgetting to fix this as part of their to do list...

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 12:17 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
groovindj wrote :
djranes wrote :

Maybe everyone else is not bothered about whether effects are remembered between sessions. :-)

In most cases, DJs would open VDJ at the start of a gig and not close it until the end of the gig.

When they open it again at the next gig, they'll probably be playing different tracks and want different effects.

+1

I have been using 4 deck for a long time now. I probably wouldn't have noticed the effect not being saved. For the most part I use effects on the top two decks. The third deck is for automix, and the fourth is routed with the line in. So the other decks rarely get effects, if at all.

Posted Mon 17 Nov 14 @ 9:47 pm
This was fixed in 2059, sort of... but not really...
Close and reopen without changing the skin with set plugin on decks 3&4 will remember previously set fx.
Changing the skin and reopen won't remember any plugin on decks 3&4.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 2:53 am
That sounds to me as if it's linked to settings.xml

There are global variables saved to settings.xml for certain things (like perhaps effects choice) but I believe only one skin is stored at a time, and the global variables can & do get erased sometimes.

Posted Mon 29 Dec 14 @ 5:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)