Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 1949 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

- more timecode improvements

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:55 am
sclavel wrote :
- more timecode improvements

Thanks guys, i'll test some more, a spot on time code engine will definitely boost the popularity of this product

any idea what has been improved or tweaked?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:54 am

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:02 am
groovindj wrote :
Dj Sky-Trendsetters wrote :

any idea what has been improved or tweaked?

It's like trying to get blood from a stone!

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193180/General_Discussion/Where_are_the_DEVS____.html

I started that topic but since then the team have become more transparent so all I'll say is keep up the good work Sclavel, Adion and the rest of the team. Recent days have shown that you guys do listen to us users and hear our concerns. Now let's make VDJ number 1

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:21 am

I started that topic

I know. I posted it here in case sclavel was not aware of it.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:34 am
ok just try the new update 1949 but timecode anitskips not working for me i but it on yes and then no so when i spin the timecode vinyl back wards fast it loses it position from my marker i try to see maybe it was my needles so i just try it with serato dj i spin it back so fast the needle came off the timecode record i but it back and it was still on my marker.but everything else is grate thanks to the dev team.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:39 am
angelt99 wrote :
ok just try the new update 1949 but timecode anitskips not working for me i but it on yes and then no so when i spin the timecode vinyl back wards fast it loses it position from my marker i try to see maybe it was my needles so i just try it with serato dj i spin it back so fast the needle came off the timecode record i but it back and it was still on my marker.but everything else is grate thanks to the dev team.

What mode are you in? you might need to factory reset settings

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:06 am
angelt99 wrote :

relative mode and i just did a factory reset and still not working fast back spin take u off the marker that u set it to.antiskip not working for sticker drift.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 9:21 am
angelt99 wrote :
angelt99 wrote :

relative mode and i just did a factory reset and still not working fast back spin take u off the marker that u set it to.antiskip not working for sticker drift.

Hmm, sticker drift seems to be a tricky one to fix... well it's the last remaining problem so I still congratulate the team for getting this far and devoting the last few updates to us time code users... A lot of scratch DJs are waiting to hear the good news of no drift but i'm sure the DEVS will come up with an algorithm that works best. Position tracking probably gets disturbed when VINYL spins too fast

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I think its very difficult to track that one down in relative mode.
The best approach of what I can think of is:
You have to record the signal with a slower backspin, and then with a fast backspin. The signal has to be 100% the same.
If the needle jumps and skips just a few or a fraction of a millimeter, it would drift your sticker in relative mode.

But I don't know how VDJ works internal, so that is just my explanation of sticker drift.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 2:10 pm
just tried the new build,it seems better, maybe it was a wifi on problem,or latency, anyway I changed my latency to 512,had it at 128, no more static noise when scratching, but still jumpy when platter is held still, for ex: if I hold the vinyl in the middle of a vocal sample and then slowly drag back and forth,its like the track wants to play,but I'm still holding the vinyl,so it "jitters" for a milisecond, sometimes 2 or 3 "spikes", but it always stays in the cue point. I think these "jitter spikes" and latency created that static noise...
so I think it still needs a bit more calibration,maybe only for the mac version. stanton scs1d
looking forward

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 2:20 pm
Maybe this will give you an idea of how it drifts in visual form

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 2:30 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
That bit in the middle of your vid where it's jumped to a random point - the only reason it's done that is because you hit cue on recordbox, stopping the sound. Until it starts playing again, VDJ has no idea where to start from, as it needs to listen to the tracking tone. If you'd let it play from that cue point rather than just giving it the wiki-wiki treatment, chances are it would have picked up the signal and jumped to the appropriate point in the track. Until VDJ hears a complete frame of timecode data, it's not going to be accurate. It's not so much a bug as a limitation with the whole principle of timecode itself.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 3:20 pm
djsherz wrote :
That bit in the middle of your vid where it's jumped to a random point - the only reason it's done that is because you hit cue on recordbox, stopping the sound. Until it starts playing again, VDJ has no idea where to start from, as it needs to listen to the tracking tone. If you'd let it play from that cue point rather than just giving it the wiki-wiki treatment, chances are it would have picked up the signal and jumped to the appropriate point in the track. Until VDJ hears a complete frame of timecode data, it's not going to be accurate. It's not so much a bug as a limitation with the whole principle of timecode itself.

Yeah that makes sense, the drift isn't that bad, milliseconds out of sync, manageable on a CD deck, vinyl guys might find it annoying . For me the engine is club ready but not awarding winning just yet

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:15 pm
does not work on mouse scroll browser

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:43 pm
djsherz wrote :

Yeah that makes sense, the drift isn't that bad, milliseconds out of sync, manageable on a CD deck, vinyl guys might find it annoying . For me the engine is club ready but not awarding winning just yet

Yes it annoying so do u guys know how to fix the sticker drift problem.or the dev team how can we solve this problem that the only remaining problem for timecode vinyl .once that fix timecode vinyl will be at 100%.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:59 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
As a side note on this topic, I know this is a VDJ 8 beta thread. But I get the same drift on my NS7 on VDJ7. Milliseconds, but not as good as it could be like what was said earlier. So it is not just time code from what I can see. I have yet to really test 8 because of the motor platter problems...

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 1:25 pm
DHoude wrote :
As a side note on this topic, I know this is a VDJ 8 beta thread. But I get the same drift on my NS7 on VDJ7. Milliseconds, but not as good as it could be like what was said earlier. So it is not just time code from what I can see. I have yet to really test 8 because of the motor platter problems...

VDJ 8 works very well on my NS7 when I tested it out a few times last week. I didn't experience any sticker drifts. You may want to give it a spin or two. The Dev team is doing a good job on the timecode tweaks to get me back on my 1200's. Keep it coming on the timecode tweaks Dev team! You're almost there!

-- DJ Creativity

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 4:03 pm
Dear Devs we would like the time code modes to function like this but smart should remain the same

ABS mode most closely resembles the properties of normal vinyl. The beginning of the track is mapped to the start of the record, and by picking up the tone arm and moving the needle to another part of the record (needle dropping) you can move to a different position within the track. ABS mode faithfully reproduces the movement of vinyl control records, including stops, starts, scratching, needle dropping, rubbing and other turntablist techniques.

REL mode observes the relative forward and backward movement of the record, but does not take into account the position within the record. REL mode disables needle dropping, but allows skip-free scratching.

Smart mode should be a combination of the rel and abs but allows syncing, loops, cues from within the software

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 4:22 pm
Dear Devs we would like the time code modes to function like this but smart should remain the same

ABS mode most closely resembles the properties of normal vinyl. The beginning of the track is mapped to the start of the record, and by picking up the tone arm and moving the needle to another part of the record (needle dropping) you can move to a different position within the track. ABS mode faithfully reproduces the movement of vinyl control records, including stops, starts, scratching, needle dropping, rubbing and other turntablist techniques.

REL mode observes the relative forward and backward movement of the record, but does not take into account the position within the record. REL mode disables needle dropping, but allows skip-free scratching.

Smart mode should be a combination of the rel and abs but allows syncing, loops, cues from within the software

Please ignore this post. After much thought I really don't see why the software has to follow a standard or be like its competitor. The new time code modes are intuitive and something that other DVS should copy. VDJ has always been cutting edge to the point where other DVS system had to play catch up for years. VDJ is even miles ahead in offering a 64bit version for Mac users, something that Serato users can only dream of.

Just address the sticker drift issue the vinyl guys are facing, but that may be difficult now as the developers them selves are unable to reproduce a sticker drift since the last update

Posted Wed 03 Sep 14 @ 8:34 pm
36%