Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Loosing bpm diff & key diff in the browser

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
First my system configs:
VDJ 8 build 1946.790
Win 7 (64 bit)
Hercules RMX2

When I laod a song to deck A and enter the browser (presing the up & down button) for the next song to load on deck B, it is okay. Nothing happens. Bpm diff. & key diff. are shown as usually in the browser:

BUT, when I unload deck A and enter the browser (pressing the up & down button) for the next song to load on deck A, bpm diff. & key diff. disapeared:

I have tested this with a few songs, in the normal browser and the big browser and with a few skins (Default, Hercules, Fruit, jmf 3600 & Re-Condensed). Always the same.

Maybe it is a bug or whats wrong with that?

greetz

PS: It happens some buids before too.
PPS: Sorry for bad english!

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 6:46 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That is because difference fields compare against the master deck and in unloading a deck there is nothing to compare against. (I'm guessing a this, I haven't tested)

I'm not sure this could be called a bug, it could be worked at, but you are the first person to bring it up.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:06 am
Thank for your quick reply, locdog.
But how to fix this "unusual behavior" or "bug"? whatever. :-D

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:22 am
Yeah, I was about to say the same thing.

You can see in the pic that A is highlighted, and for there to be a difference displayed, B needs to be highlighted (because B has the track loaded).

There's a brief line in the manual about leaving auto selection on (so it selects the deck that's going to the master out), but damned if I can find anything in the config.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:23 am
Yes. It only happens, when deck a is unloaded. That's strange. As I wrote above, tested with a few songs, loaded on deck A then B and so on...

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:31 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
There's a brief line in the manual about leaving auto selection on (so it selects the deck that's going to the master out), but damned if I can find anything in the config.

masterdeck_auto?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:52 am
Ah I see - it's a script action (can be found by editing a custom button) but it's not listed in/accessible from config as a yes/no option.

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 7:58 am
okay. testet again.
Everything is normal for the moment. Maybe fixed in build 1949.490?

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 8:13 am
@ PachN
Thanks a lot. Mapped it to the "ONINIT". Now erverything is fine.
Btw. Config.->audio->splitHeadphones should be "on".

greetz

Posted Tue 02 Sep 14 @ 11:18 am
Sorry, for posting again, but today it came up again. I don't kwow what's wrong.

Frustrated greetz

Posted Thu 04 Sep 14 @ 10:21 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
When it happend, were there 2 songs loaded into deck A and deck B?

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 3:24 am
No. Deck B is loaded (playing a song), Deck A unloaded.
When deck A is loaded (playing a song), and Deck B is unloaded nothig happens in the browser.

It does not matter which, of both decks is highlited, or masterdeck. Masterdeck is auto (see above)

I

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 7:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It is indeed up to the Masterdeck. But the RMX2 has no masterdeck action to the default mapping file (i think it used to have) and since you are using a skin that has no masterdeck buttons either, i dont see how the masterdeck entered to manual mode.
Anyways with masterdeck to auto (if no masterdeck action is present in the ONINIT or pressed from a button), the masterdeck is going to be the one that plays out live. If both are stopped or played at the same volume and crossfader at middle, it will then prefer the Selected one (the A,B buttons).

but from your screenshots, i can't see the Masterdeck status (no such buttons in the RMX2 skin). Can you use the default skin and map 3 custom buttons as deck 1 masterdeck the 2nd one as deck 2 masterdeck and the 3rd one as masterdeck_auto ?
then try to reproduce and post screenshots again.
btw, cant reproduce it (at least with the way you describe it)

Oh forgot to mention. Definitely remove the masterdeck_auto from the ONINIT. By default VirtualDJ launches with Auto so the action (which is a toggle one) will bring the manual mode back, which in a way creates your issues.

Posted Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 5:31 pm
Okay Dad, first removed "masterdeck_auto" from the default mapping and created three custom buttons, mapped as "deck 1 masterdeck" (MD1), "deck 2 masterdeck" (MD2) and "Masterdeck_auto" (MDA) in the default skin.

Tested a few things with these three buttons an my conclusion is the following: only with MDA on it is garanteed, that the software switches the decks automaticly (to masterdeck) by pulling the volume fader up or press play (on deck 2), but the startup masterdeck is always deck 1. And there is no problem with the browser, key diff. and bpm diff. are visible.

It works for me with the custom buttons, but should that be the last solution? Maybe an advanced mapping by DJDaD? ;-)

Posted Sat 06 Sep 14 @ 10:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)