Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: CDJ2000 & VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

This must be the weirdest problem I've come upon.

I've done a gig with 2 CDJ2000 players and Virtual suggested how to handle and I was happy with that except for that the players were changed from left to right even though the left player was player A and the right one Player B I could almost not change but after a couple of changes in channels and decks it was right and it played reasonably right but the sound was horrible (ASIO) pitch up cracking and really horrible sound...
Next day I plugged in the same players in my backup system and no problems just right and both the players were left and right so I was pleased it works untill....the next gig.

The same settings (i saved them) and players turned around from right to left and NO SOUND what so ever?
Drag a song in to the player but nothing happens, ....while dragging another song into the player VDJ says there is one playing already...
Okay I'm supposed to be smarter then VDJ so downloaded the drivers from Pioneer and YESSSSS one player works but the other one not?
And so on until it doesn't work at all ,....reaaly weird 'cause it worked with the version 1828 but I can't rollback to that version ....

Help is needed and I hope quickly

Greeting VDJ Pro user from the beginning Rob Huurman

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 12:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You shouldnt use such an old build. Lot of bugs have been fixed since that build.

If ASIO drivers are installed properly, then both units should be used/detected properly. But indeed it happens quite a lot of times only one of the units to be detected, so VirtualDJ cant use both sound cards. In this case, simply close VirtualDJ and reconnect the CDJs to the USB (unplug/re-plug to USB). Its up to Windows to properly detect 2 sound cards, nothing to do with VirtualDJ (happened with ver 7 as well and other CDJs)

I would also suggest to "mark" the USB cables and USB ports and always plug them to the same USB port if you need to always have the same sides, even though this is not safe always.

In the future a detection single unit process may be available (to ask you which deck is on which side)

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 3:08 pm
So do I have to unistall the Pioneer drivers ?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 3:08 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)