Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Numark NS6 lighting not working correctly with Virtual DJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

When I use Virtual DJ 7 or prior versions, all the lighting on my Numark ns6 work correctly, but when using Virtual DJ 8 some of the lighting on the NS6 are no longer working as it should. For example, my platters don't light up, the tempo don't light up , and neither do any of the loop buttons or any of the cue, sync or play buttons.
Is there a fix for this or what do I need to do to get the controller to light up correctly when using VDJ8?

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In Config-->Controllers tab, do you see the device detected by its name and the factory default mapping is selected ?

What is your Operating System ?

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 11:02 pm
Yes I have factory default selected, I am using windows 7 64 bit 4gb ram with an intel I7 Quad Core

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:21 am
on the audio screen i show the NS6 listed, yet on the controllers mapping i show factory default, and to the left of the mapping selectionts i show failed to connect , failed to connect failed to connect numark ns6 and then failed to connect again as an option

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:25 am
I right click and it gives me options : show compatible controllers, reconnect device or rescan devices. I am at a show right now but I am going to try the reconnect option at the end of the show. I'll post if it works or not

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:31 am
Ok that didn't work, any suggestions?

Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 2:01 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If it shows "failed to connect" then i am sure soemthing is wrong with the device its self. Did you install the drivers ? Do you see the device in the Device Manager properly (without a yellow mark) ?

Can you try another USB port and another USB cable ?

Posted Thu 11 Sep 14 @ 8:34 am
I know it isn't the device, because when I use virtual DJ 7 or Serato, everything works as it should without issue. As soon as i use virtual dj 8 the lighting stops working

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 12:11 am
I dusted off my NS6 and back up laptop to see how it works with 8 for myself. My back up is a MBP with W7.
I updated VDJ8 first, then noticed the lights on the jogs and the Play, Cue & Sync were all out. I closed and restarted, same thing.
Win7 had some updates as I don't use this laptop often so I updated and restarted. Fired up VDJ and it didn't recognize the NS6. Closed VDJ and confirmed the Numark Control Panel had the NS6 connected and it did, at 256, changed to 128.
Fired VDJ back up and had to unplug and reconnect the USB for the NS6 and off it went, works perfectly. All lights are working, sound is amazing, latency and jog performance is better than ever.

Posted Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 9:05 am
Sweet, I will definitely have to try that tonight once my show ends. Crossing my fingers that it solves the issues for me as well. I appreciate your help greatly , thanks . Ill let you know how it goes

Posted Wed 17 Sep 14 @ 12:27 am
I have no clue now, that didn't work for me either. Driving me crazy, the lighting works perfectly on Virtual DJ 7 but I can't get it to work when I open up Virtual DJ 8

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 5:22 pm
Did you confirm the NS6 is "connected" in the Numark Control Panel?

Posted Fri 19 Sep 14 @ 6:38 pm
Yes it is connected and even messed with switching between 128 and 256 still working no problem in 7 but not working right with vdj 8

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:17 pm
Driver version is up to date

Posted Fri 26 Sep 14 @ 11:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)