Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Sandbox - not really usable for me at the moment

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hallo,

first, my config: Audio 2 DJ. Ch1-2 - Master, Ch3-4 - Headphone. - Auto-Headphone on load song active.
On the headphone i only have the PFL, no master, slider on skin 100% on cue side.

Example:
in deck 1 a song is playing (deck 2 on standby). If i activate the sandbox, i hear the sandbox signal more louder, than the normal pfl level.
Want i want: No sandbox signal hearing in the headphone, because i have the deck 1 on pfl to hear about the mix point i use....i want only hear deck 1.

Next:
If sandbox is running, i can not adjust the level of deck 1 with the level sliders in order to adjust the song in die mix signal.
Wenn i moved the slider by playing the sandbox and then i switch the sandbox off, i must move the level slider where it ist standing at the skin to pickup the slider.
Want i want: When sandbox ist running, i can use the level slider to adjust the song in the mix.

Nice greetings, Stefan

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 2:29 am
A new bug i see:
If the deck level slider is to slow (may be <30%), the sandbox can not switch on.

Lg Stefan

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:24 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That is not a bug. The sandbox could only be activated if the volume slider is up and only one deck playing over the master.

It is kind of a bug, that you could still activate the sandbox for deck A if the vol slider of deck B is about 0 - 30% up.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 3:37 am
What is the meaning of these programming?

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 9:24 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In Options (Show Advanced Options checked), type sandbox in the Search field. You will find a couple of settings useful for the Sandbox functionality.

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 11:08 pm
My first entry ist with: sandboxPreviewOnly = Yes.

So i think, on active sandbox, i should able to adjust the level from active deck that comes to master signal....

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 1:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
when Sandbox is enabled, then the Master Output (what the audience listens to) cannot be changed, if that is what you ask. This is actually what Sandbox is ...whatever you do is not affecting the Master Output.

Posted Thu 28 Aug 14 @ 3:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)