Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 1932 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

- new "vdj7" algorithm for motorized platters (in config/options/advanced/controllers)
- fix click-through in skin context menu
-Fix crackling sound in some cases when latency was configured manually
-fixed video samples in sampleSets zips
-fixed loading images from sampleSets zips
-optimized showZipKaraoke not to reopen all zip files every times
-Custom context menu resizes on expand/collaps of sub-menus
-Improve path storage in playlists
-Automix fix when using mixNow when playlist was finished
-Possible database corruption fix

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 2:08 pm
Note that in this new build, the main change, aside fixing the regression bug about the context menus, is the code handling the controllers with motorized platter.
We reimplemented the vdj7 code, without all the improvments we made when incorporating code from the djDecks codebase.
In order to use this, you need to go in Config, Options, check "Advanced", and search for "motorWheelAlgorithm", and select "vdj7" instead of "djDecks".
This should give you the same behavior as vdj 7, meaning the scratching sound will sound a little rougher, without all the ameliorations we brought from the djDecks code, but it should work without any bug or drifts.
Of course, we are still working to merge these two codes, in order to get the best of both (the sound quality of the original code, with the stability of the old code).
So in a future build, this option will disappear and a single "vdj8" algorithm which will be both good and stable will replace it.
But at least in the meantime, you have the option.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 2:14 pm
thx for this, menues/sub-menues are working now (Mac!)
;o)

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 2:37 pm
I can confirm using the vdj7 algorithm works OK with the SCS1d, thank you Atomix Support, and like sclavel wrote, the sound quality is not the vdj8 quality... but now I can try other bugs, like video crashes/sound dropouts, I have when mixing on build 1.845.can't wait for that merge!
looking forward
thank you

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 3:36 pm
I hope this doesn't bring back the HS5500 warbling problem....

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 3:36 pm
nice quick fix thanks :-)

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 3:54 pm
sclavel wrote :

Can you provide more details about this?

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 6:30 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sclavel wrote :

Could we have some clues about this ? What are those custom menus ? How may I try it ?

Thanks anyway, I can confirm all is back to normal state, with classic win-style menus.

Cheers :)

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 6:31 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Fruit wrote :
sclavel wrote :

Could we have some clues about this ? What are those custom menus ? How may I try it ?

Thanks anyway, I can confirm all is back to normal state, with classic win-style menus.

Cheers :)

'Custom' here just means the non-classic win-style menus that were visible for all in the previous build. Currently they are used when using a touch-screen, since they allow items to be bigger and thus easier to touch.
Other than that, the only 'custom' menus there are are the ones in skins that are already being used as you could see.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 6:46 pm
Sonido Alto Voltaje wrote :
sclavel wrote :

There was a specific situation that in some cases could lead to some entries in the database being emptied. This situation may have occurred when external hard-disks got removed and reconnected quickly.

Posted Fri 22 Aug 14 @ 6:48 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks Adion !

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 4:27 am
Playlist issue still remains.... VDJ8 playlists not readable in iTunes... I'm using windows

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 6:57 am
ProfLeePRO InfinityMember since 2011
Build 1932 Beta-

Thank you for this.

The playlist COPY TO command now works.

You guys rock! :-)

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 10:50 am
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
No sideview @ the Bottom

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 12:53 pm
Adion wrote :
Sonido Alto Voltaje wrote :
sclavel wrote :

There was a specific situation that in some cases could lead to some entries in the database being emptied. This situation may have occurred when external hard-disks got removed and reconnected quickly.

Thank You

Sounds like what experienced.

Posted Sat 23 Aug 14 @ 7:45 pm
metrixPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Track 1 play with 87 BPM
Track 2 128 BPM if i press sync pitch goes to 174 BPM +35,9 BPM and not to 87 BPM

is it possibel to make the BrakeStart effect if brake is active and effect is active agian it goes form brake effect directly to start effect like vinylbrake but it donĀ“t working correct

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 5:37 am
Mac Build 1932.771 - when entering tag information and then clicking "write tag" the program crashes, also crashing when trying to add just the album cover.
no decks were running when this happens, multiple crashes experienced.

Cheers.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 9:42 am
Scorchin wrote :
Mac Build 1932.771 - when entering tag information and then clicking "write tag" the program crashes, also crashing when trying to add just the album cover.
no decks were running when this happens, multiple crashes experienced.

Cheers.

What type of file? Is it possible to provide one such file that crashes when writing tags?

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 10:23 am
they were mp4 files , I restarted my mac, zapped the pram the problem appears to have cleared up.

Cheers.

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 11:55 am
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Adion, i have reported that crash in tag, search on report forum, i post a video and description of crash

Posted Sun 24 Aug 14 @ 12:14 pm
38%