Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Crash on selecting built-in effects - VMS4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

FuchiKPRO InfinityMember since 2010
So I have tried to isolate if a specific plugin is causing this to occur, to no success. Sometimes it crashes on Wahwah, sometimes slicer, etc etc.

Basically, while cycling through the built in effects (have deleted all other effects from the soundeffect folder) the program will crash and restart. Presumably there is a crash log being generated.

This is using the default mapper, but changing the card setup for 4 deck mode (swapping channels).

I am using Windows 7 and a Clevo p150em

Help! Keeps crashing on me while I'm trying to build a set. Very annoying ~_^

F.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 7:04 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The crashes have been uploaded to our servers, so the Team will take care of them shortly.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 7:20 am
Thanks DD

Have to repeat what has been said here elsewhere, while disappointing that this software isn't rock solid, I appreciate the variety of hardware you support.

This update is EXCELLENT! From feel, to sound, to interface. A great improvement!

Still feel that the record box / browser section could use some work. Tags etc just don't feel intuitive. Might just be me. DB search is good tho.

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 8:46 am
I agree that the search utility works as good pretty darn good.. I'm very happy with this updated feature.

joe...

Posted Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 2:18 pm
I am hoping dev's will be able to shed some light on this for me. My issue seems to be related so did not open a new thread on it.

When you select with a mouse, it comes up in a normal priority thread and when you select with a controller it comes up in a critical priority thread. Just say you are called differently from different thread models. Why that is I have no clue but thread priority has nothing to do with it. It's a matter of different states. different threads, etc.

I am checking more into the issue for EM and EV but kind of at a loss why it is what it is. I am trying to work around it but it may go deeper than what I am thinking right now. First question is why is there a difference the way a plugin is loaded in this regard? Why is there a different thread priority? Seems they take different paths to what should be the same thing which should fine except this is strange.

Posted Mon 18 Aug 14 @ 1:33 pm
This bug still exists. Despite enabling BETA and a number of updates having occurred. This seems to have slipped by, but I'm sure there must be others who are also affected by this.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 2:13 am
It could be related to this thread:

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/193568/VirtualDJ_8_bug-report_Forum/reproducible_lockup_using_FPS_effect_and_midi_interface.html

If this is the same or similar problem, it can show itself in different ways. In the above thread I was just using the FPS as an exact sample of at least one way a problem can be reproduced but I can reproduce a problem with at least one other effect from Atomix personnel as well. Sometimes a hang, sometimes an effect will stop working, and sometimes a crash, but it all seems related to the problem in the above thread.

A tough work around for TM and TV, but seem fine now.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 5:22 am
Had the same thing happen on my first time using vdj8. Turned the knob on my mc6000 to cycle thru effects, and it hung up for a second and then just closed. I honestly haven't really tried to recreate it. I've seen posts in another thread that described the same thing, so it is definitely not a fluke.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 6:11 am
In this case it's the built in default effects causing the crash. When I select them through the menu there is no issue, but when I cycle thru the midi controller it crashes constantly. VERY annoying.

Posted Thu 25 Sep 14 @ 10:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)