Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: What happened to the Gain in build 1910-765 ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Updated today to build 1910-765 and I notice that the gain is not working.

If it is in the middle position and you turn it to the maximum right, there is no increase, although the limiter kicks in and goes on, but it is not audible.
Normally if you would play a song and put the gain to the max. you should hear the distortion or that it is way too loud.

Even if I would turn all knops to the right, so Low, Mid, High and the gain, you don't hear it.

How can I get my gain to work again, as this new build changed it to something I don't like.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 7:25 pm
See screenshot. Playing with all knobs completely to the right, the Limiter shows it, but you do not hear the increase.
It looks like after the middle position there is no increase at all, nor for the Low, nor Mid nor High and as mentioned earlier, the Gain does not do anything after the middle position.

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 7:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is the expected behavior of a Limiter. It will prevent distortion, so if you try to add more gain or extreme EQ freq, it will cut them off.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 1:04 am
DJdad, then it is wrong, as I cannot add more Bass nor more High to a track.
How can I go back without using the Limiter then, as now only till the middle position works. If I try to add more Bass after the middle position nothing happens.

In the screenshot I showed the extreme position with everything maxed to the right, but even a little bit after the middle position and nothing happens so try to put a little bit more low nothing happens, a little bit more high, no audible increase and so on.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 2:17 am
I'll be happy if or when the decision is finally made to get rid of the darn limiter. It's been nothing but trouble for so many people.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 7:32 am
I totally agree with the limiter issue , we have had a number of builds now and not one put to beta the limiter as an option meaning disable or enable there is a lit button in the master controls s that stays lit the button should be used to turn off limiter if needed however its not functional at that moment to do this my question is why was it even made in the software if limitet couldn't be disabled

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 10:24 am
I think it would be helpful to a lot of people if someone with the ability made a video of how to properly gain stage an audio setup.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 1:24 pm
BTW, what happened to the Kill, in previous versions Kill was kill, but now it only weakens it. How do I get a full kill again?

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 3:02 pm
Ok, searched for an old thread as I remember that I had set equalizerMode already once in version 8 to Full Kill, seems that the new build changed that to default again. That is not expected behavior, respect my settings.

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 3:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)