Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: vdj 8 skin crash when load song

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i downloaded vdj8 install it , and when i load a song on deck the hole skin freezes BUT if i press play or anything else the song plays and reacts ok exept of the skin that remains still frozen im usin win 7 on a hp dv9093 tried 64 an 32 bit version what can i do?

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 8:24 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
What exact version of v8?
Are all your drivers up to date?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 4:16 am
vdj 8 that you can download fro above , my drivers are all up to date ,vd7 and serato are working perfectly with my machine

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 4:31 am
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Can you try another skin? if it has the same result?

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 12:12 pm
no but if i resize it the same again or if i tiger loops

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 1:47 pm
Sounds like a driver issue... are you using the windows driver for your grafic card/ grafic chip or the dedicated one from manufacturer?

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 4:15 am

windows driver

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 6:52 am
So just try the one from manufacturer.

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 7:24 am
did that too the same again , skin stucks music continues to play

Posted Wed 13 Aug 14 @ 8:48 am
Very odd... sorry, no ideas left :-/

Posted Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 5:11 am
Lots of people are having this problem, I have this problem with one of my laptops, thats slightly older, but virtual DJ 7 runs flawlessly on it.. soon as I launch VDJ8 and try to play a track the skin does nothing, but still plays, its like the skin has crashed... I tried deleting the settings.xml file, and a few others things, but nothing seems to have worked. If you've tried everything you can but your laptop more or less runs VDJ7 okay and other programs fine, then just stay patient as I am sure atomix are well aware of this skin "bug" .. very annoying though as I am unable to use the "all singing, all dancing wonder product of VDJ8!" which on my laptop is just well.... shit lol... I think they released it too early, pressure from above maybe? I feel sorry now for the tech support guys who are on the frontline.

sure it COULD be a graphics driver issue, but to be fair, if everythings running good on VDJ7 then what gives ?

Posted Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 9:20 pm
Have you tried lowering the skin FPS? That was something which didn't exist in VDJ 7 and has been responsible for problems with some users, causing high CPU etc.

If you're using a VDJ 8 skin (which are all 1920x1080 and may not match your screen res) try using a VDJ 7 skin that matches your screen res.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 9:32 am
kinda curious where he found 64 and 32 bit versions of vdj8

all i ever find is one version and i assume it 32bit but who knows?

also it seems that laptop comes with the minimum memory required by vdj7 (512mb) maybe its higher for 8?

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 10:11 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If everything comes back to normal after the track is loaded, then its OK and normal for a low spec or not weel optimized computer.
When a track is loading, the audio and the loading process take priority over any other process.

Posted Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 7:29 pm
I've had nothing but problem after problem with each " Virtual DJ has been updated. Do you want to use the new version now?" message.

The skin freezing up when you go to load a track is simply unacceptable.
Virtual DJ7.4 runs absolutely fine and I can even run milkdrop 7 and use the video VGA out to a separate screen.. shameful and very frustrating.

Don't get me wrong, I am a loyal supporter of VDJ, I rely on it for my living, as a Pro licensed user, but last nights gig was the last straw for me..

running VDJ8 - I simply opened up the options "cog", and it just locked up. From then on things got worse and worse.
I managed to plug in my iPod touch of tracks, and keep the music going, but it left a 20 second hole in the gig, completely ruined the dance floor vibe!

Sadly, nothing I did worked, in the end, I had to plug my controlled into a different USB port. bear in mind this was my i5 Acer Aspire with 8GB DDR3 ram and Nvidia GFX, it was an 700 quid laptop! I run a very very tight ship on my machines, even more so on work ones,.. anyway,

I get the "virtual DJ has been updated message just now, as I have been testing the laptop all day, and bingo, it all works as normal..

I still get the skin freeze problem on my other laptop that's slightly older, but really, it does beg the question,
"why don't they properly bug test their all singing all dancing flagship program that costs, $299,
b e f o r e they ship it out to the end user?

So, they tantalize us with "check out 8, loads of great features..." then disclaimer,
"oh, well.. if you have an important gig coming up, then don't use it, its full of bugs, just use 7!"

That, above all the skin freeze problems, lack of support, bugs galore in VDJ8, and even above my nightmare gig last night, is what really does it for me.

Traktor, and Serato are no better either, all software is full of rubbish code these days, built on bulky, klunky and
bloated software that each year requires more power hungry memory, and CPU, and hard disk space.
For what? so a new shiny button can animate? lol,

It reminds me of why the internet was invented in the first place.
For communication, not for looking at f***ing pictures of cats!

Come on Atomix, you are sucking harder than a sucky thing at the university of suck,
who's just been given his higher diploma from sucksville Tennessee... at suck o'clock!

Right, I've had my victor meldrew moment, let the flaming and rowing and general abuse continue.. lol :)

Posted Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 11:35 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)