Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke in 8.X is pain in the rear

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Why do i have to configure VDJ 8 to play Karaoke zip files... Why? Wouldn't it be better to allow users to remove functions if not needed? Sorry, I love VDJ 7.X just frustrated with 8.X.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 7:28 pm
Not sure if I am missing something here, why when using Karaoke and Automix it uses a default graphic, but the graphic doesn't go away for video files so I can't play any video files when using Karaoke and Automix??? It fades out for karaoke files but doesn't seem to when I mix in a music video. Is there something buried in the settings that I need to tweak. And yes I am having some problems with some zip files and not others. Even when I tell it to add a folder to search db it does not pick up some of my newly added files. Anybody out there experiencing this and what is the fix? I am still working on it.

Also on VDJ 7 there was a "play sonique on audio files only" button, is this somewhere in VDJ 8 because I can't find it.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 9:26 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
the setting is now called VideoAudioonlyVisualization and you can find it in the Advanced Options.
In the drop-down menu, you will see a few default choices, but i would recommend Miilkdrop. http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/16711/Milkdrop8.html insted of Sonique

If you dont want that picture to be shown when no Karaoke track is playing, better not use the Karaoke automation and use the above setting.

For the original poster, the zip files are not that much popular in nowdays. Most of the Karaoke files come in Video format. But anyways, its disabled by default, as it would slow down the reading/searching process (unzip on the fly)

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 10:11 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)