Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: CDGs crashing VDJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

cleio81PRO InfinityMember since 2012
Title says it all. Video and audio work find but the second I try to load a CDG the whole program cuts out and crashes then restarts a few seconds later losing anything you had cued... Please fix this soon...

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 4:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Hi,

Is there any chance you could upload one of the CDG files you have that is doing this?

Regards,

Scott

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:09 pm
It's indiscriminate. All of my CDGs are doing this. Even ones I used last week for my Saturday night gig. My first thought was maybe my hard drive was crashing so I switched to my backup, no change.... :(
What is the best way to upload one of them?

Edit: everything works in VDJ 7

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:15 pm
Something like dropbox or any of the web sharing services.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:35 pm
Perfect, I've leveled the post so it's not publically viewable and will forward this to the development team.

Thankyou!

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:46 pm
thank you very much for assisting me on this issue. hope it's fixed soon because i LOVE the karaoke functions of VDJ 8. not so much in 7... lol.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:51 pm
hi there, I'm having exactly the same problems on my karaoke. Everytime I load a karaoke track it turns off and comes back on again with no track loaded! Audio and Video work fine. I have just recently had an update as well, not sure if this is what's caused it. Looks like I'm gonna have to use VDJ 7 until the tech guys fix this! :(

Posted Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 8:33 pm
Big thank you to the tech guys for responding to issue so quickly. They have fixed the issue with karaoke and now works again! Virtual DJ I salute you!

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 8:40 am
I was contacted by support and given what i think is the pre-updated version and that fixed my problem. Thanks for getting this fixed so fast VDJ staff!

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 10:37 am
I have the same problem on one of my gig computer but working on the other!

Posted Sat 02 Aug 14 @ 7:42 pm
KRHornPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm having same issue after loading a karaoke track it crashes vdj8. After trying to resolve this with no luck I backed up a few things and did a fresh install of vdj8. I deleted the database in my ex hd and still no luck. Now they appear as numbers and not artist and song. I had the number issue before on an earlier build and was told to delete database and it corrected it. not this time... not sure what's up but all is well on back up computer with build 1878.754 but now even win I use backup comp. and try to get clean database I still get numbers. Just copied database from good hd to other and that corrected # issue. Any help would be good.

Posted Sun 03 Aug 14 @ 3:23 pm
So how do we fix it? Are we suppose to open up a ticket to receive an update?

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 4:46 pm
"I was contacted by support and given what i think is the pre-updated version and that fixed my problem. Thanks for getting this fixed so fast VDJ staff!"

GREAT so what do I have to do to get that same fix...please and thank you!

I should mention i am running build number # I897.758

Posted Tue 05 Aug 14 @ 7:31 pm
Beta build b1907 is available and includes this fix.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 7:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Sonido Alto Voltaje wrote :
So how do we fix it? Are we suppose to open up a ticket to receive an update?

We have provided a special build to a few users to verify the crash fix, so we included this fix to the latest beta build. Enable getBetabuilds setting from Config if you wish to get that as well. Or you can wait for that build to become public of course.

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 1:49 pm
KRHornPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Good job and thanks for fast results! so far so good and just in time for tomorrow nights show!

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 5:16 pm
Got it and thanks again for such a quick response and fix...You guys rock!!!!

Posted Wed 06 Aug 14 @ 6:45 pm
beta build fixed my karaoke issue as well! thank you guys so much!! now my issue is everytime I go to open my karaoke external hard drive in vdj8, it says browsing for about 5 minutes before it will show the content....any ideas on this?? thank you!

Posted Thu 07 Aug 14 @ 8:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)