Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Update 1901.751 has lost Database info

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all, I just updated to the latest build and it has lost or wiped or cant find the original bpm scanned info which includes BPM, Key, Harmonic, Play count, First Play, Last play etc, and all the tracks have exactly the same 'First Seen' Time which is 5.24PM today (Thursday 31st August) , The strange thing is the first seen time is changing as I click each folder to the current time which stands at 5.44pm, so it looks like it it has the times all screwed up somewhere. However, it has kept the song title/artist length, year, Album names. The playlist(s) times are also changing in real time too. CORRECTION >> The 'First seen' times change to the current time when I click a folder, only thing which isnt being affected as much is the History which has kept some of the BPM info key info........So, any help?

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 11:49 am
LSL50 wrote :
Hi all, I just updated to the latest build and it has lost or wiped or cant find the original bpm scanned info which includes BPM, Key, Harmonic, Play count, First Play, Last play etc, and all the tracks have exactly the same 'First Seen' Time which is 5.24PM today (Thursday 31st August) , The strange thing is the first seen time is changing as I click each folder to the current time which stands at 5.44pm, so it looks like it it has the times all screwed up somewhere. However, it has kept the song title/artist length, year, Album names. The playlist(s) times are also changing in real time too. CORRECTION >> The 'First seen' times change to the current time when I click a folder, only thing which isnt being affected as much is the History which has kept some of the BPM info key info........So, any help?

Another interesting point is, I looked the at the 'Most Played' folder and it only has from 2013 and the top most played track is The smiths - This Charming man which i played 5 times that year, where as I know that the 2014 most played track is Macklemore - Thrift shop which stands/stood at 104 times played, so where is 2014's database gone to?.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 1:27 pm
Your right I updated to 1901 also , and the database is gone and the number of tracks played is gone also . I am having to Re scan the library all over .

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 2:32 pm
pumpitentertainment wrote :
Your right I updated to 1901 also , and the database is gone and the number of tracks played is gone also . I am having to Re scan the library all over .

Just had a call from a friend, he also has the exact same info missing as myself. In my case it seems all 65345 music files all with the bpm,Cue points, length,key,harmonic,play count, first seen, first and last play info all gone, also all the tracks have that green mark on them which means they have not been scanned and or they are all new. I haven't found a back up file either....if there is one

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 2:52 pm
I freshly installed the previous stable build this evening (1897?) then it created a new database.

I then upgraded to 1901.751 automatically and the DB is still OK

Keith

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 3:11 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This has happened to me a few times but it isn't the drama everyone is making out, upon closing and reopening V8 all the info was returned,
It was actually a case were every other time V8 was opened the DB was missing.
I still believe it was something I had done with ONINT and other script trickery, because after removing the script madness the problem hasn't resurfaced.
Good luck (I'm backing my DB up JIC.)

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 3:31 pm
ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
for some silly reason, you need to restart vdj a 2nd time after it updates (and you are logged on).

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 7:07 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Regression bugs for the Beta builds should be discussed here http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/76/Beta_Builds_Regression_Bugs.html

Keep in mind that the Beta builds are Beta ;) so, yes there may be issues, and that is the reason we don't make one public unless we are certain of its stability.
Not sure what happened with the database issue (didnt have any issue here) but if you have decided to participate in the beta, you should be aware of the possibility that something may go wrong and therefore always keep backup of your important files.

Topic locked.

Posted Thu 31 Jul 14 @ 9:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)