Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Activating and deactivating video

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Don;t know for sure if this is a bug but wanted to get it out there.

I use 8 on a MBP that runs to mini-display port out to an HDMI splitter, then to 2 led tv's. I have to drag the video window to the external monitor and then maximize it. I have a keyboard shortcut setup to activate and deactivate the video.

When i deactivate the video, all is fine. When i turn the video back on, instead of sending the input back to the external display, it goes full screen on my laptop and i have no way of getting out of it but to shut the software down and start it back up. When it's in full screen mode on my laptop and i try to deactivate the video so i can see vdj8, the software typically crashed.

In vdj7 i could go into the settings and tell it the monitor to activate on, that feature seems to be missing and it's making my life a little difficult. I've tried several different skins and if this is not a bug but a feature request and this isn't the place for it, my sincerest apologies. I use video almost constantly but use different software for karaoke as vdj just doesn't have the features i need on the mac version. VDJ8 just needs to share the video better with other apps.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 8:29 am
Config/video/startvideoonload/yes. This works on a Pc, don't know about Mac. What about videoalwaysontop, I have mine on no. My video goes to the second monitor, automatically.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 12:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How exactly do you maximize the Video Output ? Do you double-click inside the Video window ?

Can you also try to de-activate the video using the action ... video_output ? video_output off : video_output on instead of video ?

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 5:05 pm
I had the same problem. It's only happened to me once. I'm running VDJ8 off a mac mini (pretty much the same computer). The video went full screen on my monitor. I didn't know how to fix it. I ended up button mashing on my keyboard and it minimized the video so I could access the program again.
Personally I think it might be a glitch. New program, might be something they overlooked. Hopefully they fix it in an update soon!

Posted Thu 02 Oct 14 @ 12:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)