Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Mapping. holding function behaviour change

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gmazoniPRO InfinityMember since 2012
In VDJ 7 when a button have the "holding" sentence, it will only execute the function when the button is released after waiting the specified time.

example:

holding 100ms ? play : stop

In VDJ 8 it waits the specified time and executes the button function without releasing the button.

Is it possible to change this behaviour? Can the development team add an option to this?

Thanks.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 3:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I believe it makes more sense to have the current behavior. Its much better now, because you now see that the action is executed,and you can safely release the button. In version 7,you were not sure if the pressed time was enough,and possibly you needed to wait longer before you release the button,just to be sure that you have pressed it long enough.

why is the current behavior not good for you ?

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:51 pm
gmazoniPRO InfinityMember since 2012
In the beginning, I have mapped my controller to reset pitch to zero 0% when the button is released after holding and to reset smoothly when the button is simple pressed.

When the behaviour was like the VDJ7 there was the possibility to hold the mapped button seconds before the beat drop, to make precise and faster resets when mixing too different BPM tracks. It's like, press the button and just release when it's in time.

Now I've remapped the controller and made one button to reset pitch to zero, but now, I'm insecure to make this performance, because there is more chance to fail in this kind of mix, if it goes wrong the sound became messy.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 8:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Try ..
var 'hold' 1 ? up ? pitch 100% : nothing : holding ? set 'hold' 1 : set 'hold' 0 & pitch_reset

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 3:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)