Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: "FAKE" Commands dont seem to work..................

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ive went and finished mapping my DJM 800 and for the mixer Ive mapped everything out (eq, master volume, channel volumes, headphone volume).

So for the final piece Ive mapped ONINIT to fake_mixer on & fake_eq on & fake_gain on yet it doesn't seem to work on the master volume or the channel volumes?? Is this how it works or am I missing something here??

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 9:43 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
indeed, the action assigned to the ONINIT should be like..
fake_mixer on & fake_eq on & fake_master on & fake_gain on
and you also need to turn them off on exit so the ONEXIT key should be
fake_mixer off & fake_eq off & fake_master off & fake_gain off

After that, each of the mixer keys should have a normal action. like volume, eq_low, eq_high, gain, crossfader etc.
You should then be able to see the faders moving on the screen, but wont actually control the internal mixer of the software.

Are you using any other units connected at that moment with mixer controls too , apart from the DJM ?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 11:46 pm
The only other controller is the my DDJ SP1.

Ok I'll have another look at it when I get some time and let you know.

Thanks for the info!

EDIT

OK its not working for the master volume or the line fader (deck 1 volume, deck 2 volume, etc...). And how I know its not working is, under audio setting I have all the sound coming from the internal soundcard (laptop) yet when I turn the master volume down on the mixer I loose sound which its not supposed to do. The same goes for the line faders, when I move the fader down the volume goes down even though fake mixer is on.

Can anyone confirm these don't work please??

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:48 am
Can anyone try this out please??

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 1:23 pm
lol.

when you move the faders on the actual mixer,of course they will alter the sound. But if you move the volume faders from the skin,those should not.
Is that the case ?

Btw,i am not sure if the Master_volume action makes any sense to have if you have external mixer sound setup.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:54 pm
Ok here's how I test out if a "fake" command is working or not........

I go into my audio setting and switch the master out to my laptops sound card. I don't even have RCA's hooked up to my mixer.

Now I can test the mapping. Now when I turn the "HI" eq on my mixer I see the knob turn on my skin and it has no effect on my sound.

Now that I know the fake commands are working because the EQ's have no effect on my sound yet the decks independent volume faders turn the sound down as well as the master volume when they should be or are supposed to be "FAKE" commands.

So I'd say the fake commands for the master and channel volume faders don't work even when set to "FAKE" commands.

Can you or anyone from the team confirm???

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 9:52 pm
ahh yes, the fake_mixer (for the Volume faders and crossfader) works only if you have external mixer setup.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 10:12 pm
Ok makes sense, what about the master?? The fake command is there in the verb list.

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 10:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)