Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: No beta this week?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I used b1897 for a number of hours at a club last night before the laptop (Macbook Air) which I have used previous betas on was getting hotter than I would have liked. (I think the safe area for the processors is to be in the 6x degree range Celsius. When we get into the 7x's without playing video, I get nervous.)

It seems that something in the newer betas is perhaps causing a little more excess use on the CPU, which wasn't there in a build or two back.

Luckily, I was able to transition to a CD and swap out the computer without missing a beat. :-)

I was looking forward to a new beta this week. I guess not?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 7:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Maybe the next one is a biggy, I know slip mode has a few issues. (reported 4 revisions ago) and since it hasn't been fixed quickly I'm guessing it's a more involved fix, TC could also be on the agenda,

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 5:32 am
Perhaps! Most of the issues that I was having are now resolved, however the one thing which is the absolute killer for me is the CPU use and the skin re-draws...
(If those issues were to be fixed, I can use VDJ8 all the time.)

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 7:30 am
Staff must be on holiday

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 12:55 pm
I'd like to think that they are kicking ass and taking names... :-)

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 3:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Holidays ? Hmm,this must be found on a wiki or something ..lol

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 6:48 pm
I hope in the next BETA they resolve the issues related with high CPU usage when skin is redrawing.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 4:41 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)