Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Error reading tags - duplicate tag info for different tracks

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ewitlesPRO InfinityMember since 2006
See below pic as it can explain better than dialog.

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 11:16 am

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:51 am
Did that. They are present but in separate folders (2013 & 2014). Yet 8 sees them as the SAME file.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:11 am

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 5:28 pm
No, the album tag is different. See the above? What the tag shows is not what was imported during a scan. Not a biggie as I am rebuilding my entire library. When 8 went live in May, my library was built then. Since, there have been changes to the scanning process.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 9:23 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure what is the issue here, but keep in mind that VirtualDj will not update the tags again if you have done this already. Meaning that VirtualDj reads the tags of the track once this is added to the Library and stores that to the database fields.
If after that, you make changes to the Tags (using a Tag Manager application), you need to reload them (either one by one using the Tag Editor), or batch by right-ckick and choose Reload tags.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:10 pm
cpz379PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Dear djdad,

I think there is a problem in VDJ 8. Batch by right click and choose reload tags doesn't work always. I can in this way, the modified tags in a folder with 10000 old songs not reload in batch in VDJ 8. These tags I can reload in batch in VDJ 7.4. I've sent you that question in an email a few weeks ago and I also have asked that question at VirtualDJ Support. I hope that VirtualDJ Support can help me and that there is a solution to that problem in VDJ 8, because manually changing tags in the tag editor is a hopeless case.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 4:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)