Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: File will not play while loading in VDJ8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Here's the one problem I'm having in VDJ8 but not in VDJ7.4 . When a file is loading using the mac book pro internal sound card I can hit play while the file is loading and it works fine. But when I connect my pioneer cdj 2000 nexus and the pioneer djm 900 SRT to the software. I load a file hit play on the player and it does NOT start to play till the entire file as loaded and around 3 to 5 seconds later the file finally starts to play. I've tried to play around with the load settings many different ways and still no solution. Can someone play try to help me. Keep in mind that the same setup using VDJ7.4 works flawless. Thanks.................

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 3:06 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Someone else in this forum had also reported something very similar to this... Please look in this area (you may need to search), and see that the outcome of that is. (I don't recall.)

Also, please don't cross post. It looks like you posted this same message in 3 or so areas.

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 4:19 pm
vjmundyPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Search post option here sucks, and if The forum doenst has a knowledge tópic of Bugs. this way, will always been repost with The same subject. So if you want to reply with not help. Please stay back. Is in good words

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 6:10 pm
xgl_djPRO InfinityMember since 2004
dcomo wrote :
Someone else in this forum had also reported something very similar to this... Please look in this area (you may need to search), and see that the outcome of that is. (I don't recall.)

Also, please don't cross post. It looks like you posted this same message in 3 or so areas.

You also posted the same thing in his other thread...

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 12:55 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Wow, called out! Irony at it's finest! :-)

Posted Fri 25 Jul 14 @ 8:16 am
Yes I did but it seems that people are reading it and instead of help they are just brushing it off to the side. Now can anyone help!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 1:53 pm
Where is the design team for helping me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 1:55 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you try to reproduce this if the SRT is not connected ?

How exactly do you load the files ? using mouse (drag n drop), a CDJ button or something else ?

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:20 pm
OK so I've unplugged the usb of the pioneer DJM-900SRT went into the settings picked external mixer, two sound cards the CDJ-2000 Nexus and by keeping the usb unplugged on the mixer all worked fine. As I went to load a file using the CDJ-2000 NEXUS as the controller I was able to hit play while the file was still loading. But then I went to plug in the usb of the mixer the problem happened again. So the other thing I like to point out is that in the settings where you get to choose your sound card the DJM-900SRT is NOT there as one of the choices. But I'm able to get the drop down arrow and choose the channels 1 thru 8. SO I guess the question is how do I get the mixer to show in the sound card choices in the settings? I'm using a mac book pro. I really would like to use the mixer the right way not as an analogue external mixer. Can anyone help please…...

Posted Mon 28 Jul 14 @ 3:58 pm
When the SRT is plugged, goto Config ->controllers tab and see how the Deck assignment is applied. The CDjs should be either left/right (default) or deck 1 and deck 2.
How is the SRT assigned ? Do you use that as Simple Midi, or using a custom definition ?
How are the LOAD buttons of the SRT assigned ?

for the sound card, if it doesnt show up in the drop down list in the AUDIO tab, then i am not sure if there is anything we can do. Can you check an see if there any drivers available to install ?

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 2:32 pm
The decks show as deck 1 and deck 2. The srt isn't showing in the controller section.

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:12 pm
Hmm, not showing at all ? Not even as Simple Midi. Then how could you use the SRT to load files on decks ? Or did i miss-understand something here ?

Posted Tue 29 Jul 14 @ 5:24 pm
I'm not using the art to load the file. I'm using the cdj2000nexus load button to load the file.

Posted Wed 30 Jul 14 @ 3:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)