Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: Question for vdj8 . It worked in 7.4 . fx do not show as activated...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

webedgePRO InfinityMember since 2010
Question for vdj8 . It worked in 7.4 . I have this issue when I turn on any fx it doesn't show as selected on the screen unless you grab your mouse and open the fx window and see it highlighted. Anyone else having this issue?

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 1:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
That's the way it works how do you turn the effects on? (what is the command you use)

Posted Sun 20 Jul 14 @ 6:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The action effect_active 'effectname' or effect 'effectname' active doesnt show the effect on the drop down box, cause it simply only activates the effect. It doesnt select it.
If you wish to both activate and show the effect in the box (on the skin), you need to have ..
effect_select 'effectname' & effect_active (actually, that was the case with version 7 as well)

If you use effect slots (instead of the default one), you will need to open the extended Effects panel in order to see the 3 first 3 FX slots.
Note that version 7 was used to display all selected effects from all slots in the default one, but that was a bad approach. The default effect slots for version 8 is now the slot 1. So effect_active and effect 1 active are one and the same.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 4:45 am
The sampler instruments worked in the previous version of Vdj8 with the newest update it seems they play for 2 to 4 beats then goes mute.

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 5:27 am
this is what i have. works in 7.4 and made it active on the skin.... effect 'white noise' active

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 9:27 pm
effect_select 'white noise' & effect_active - changed it this and works great. thank you sir!

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 9:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)