Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

Topic: why can't my vms4.1 work correctly with vdj 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone been able to map or use AA VMS4.1 with VDJ 8 without any issues. I have the monthly subscription. My laptop is a Gateway NE56R28u I5 2.5 3.1 turboboost 4gigs ram 500 gb hd

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 11:40 am
What are your issues?

Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 12:12 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I am running a vms 4.0 pretty much flawlessly with version 8.0 The mapping for the 4.0 and 4.1 I believe to be identical.

Posted Sat 19 Jul 14 @ 7:29 pm
I am running AA VMS4.1 running VDJ8 without problems... Using the default v8 skin that came with upgrade... There are a lot of new features in v8 that do not map from v8 to vms4.1 but I'm ok with that. I use the software for those things and my vms4.1 for items that are mapped. Overall, I'm very happy with things.

joe...

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 12:02 am
the issues I had been having were the left deck was acting like I had smart scratch on. when i would pull a song back to cue it up a bit song would jump to beginning of track. The knobs don't match what's on the screen. then a couple of times(once at a gig V8 froze had to revert to V7 to continue set

Posted Mon 21 Jul 14 @ 11:08 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Are you using the default (factory) mapping ?
Because there is nothing in the default mapping that could cause this behavior. any chance you have mapped the vertical stripes as songpos and accidentally touch them ?

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 8:02 am
yes I used the default mapping and default skin. Also used VMS4.1 skin. This was before I went into the settings. Could you put a screenshot of your settings so I can make sure I'm using it correctly.Was wondering if anyone also uses for TC with turntables

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 11:04 am
There are no special settings. The button in the AUDIO tab of config provides the default audio configuration, and you can reset all other settings from the OPTIONS tab using the "Reset Factory Default" button.

Posted Tue 22 Jul 14 @ 3:19 pm
@DJ Dad I have been using VDJ8 with just laptop working good exept some shortcuts don't work Like the one for mix. In 7 it's page up or down. Used it on 2 different laptops 1 has W7 other W8. Tried VDJ8 yesterday with controller worked ok but jogwheels aren't easy to scratch with.In 7 worked perfect. Any ideas how to fix this. Want to be able to use this next weekend at a gig

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 1:14 pm
You will have to be a bit more detailed on what is not working and how .

Which shortcuts dont work ? How are those assigned ?

what exactly is the issue that keeping you from scratching well with VirtualDJ 8 ?

Posted Thu 24 Jul 14 @ 2:19 pm
Shortcut problems are The page up page down for mixing and control page up page down for cut fade. Works fine with 7. Scratching problems are With VDJ7 scratching was near perfect . It was almost like using my Denon cdj. Now it lags and is not precise.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 1:38 am
pageDown, PageUp, CTRL+PageDown, CTRL+PageUp still work here. Nothing is changed in the default keyboard mapping.
About scratching, what is the selected buffer size (latency) you have for the AA ASIO ?

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 10:09 am
That's really strange. I even tried it on 2 different laptops my Gateway and a new HP. One running W7 other W8.1 What laptop do you use? As for the latency it's @6. Today while using my VMS4.1 after 40 minutes of mixing n usiing effects,while i was using effects it froze n shut down. So I guess I won't be using 8 until issues are fixed.

Posted Sat 26 Jul 14 @ 11:37 pm
Do you recall if any specific effect provided the freezing ? Are you using only the native effects ?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 10:30 am
yes I use the flang jet. It's an effect I always use with both VDJ7 and VDJ8.You said u had no trouble with shortcuts on your end what type of laptop/pc are you using? Do you use a controller? Wondering if 8 would work well with DDJ-SX going to be getting this soon

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 12:35 pm
Flanjet is an audio effect written with version 7 SDK, which means that it may not work well with version 8, as several things have been changed. The author needs to update the source code and provide a version 8 compatible plugin. Till that moment, i would suggest to use only the native effects or the ones that have been verified that work fine.

I tried with both my desktop (Win 8) and my windows 8.1 laptop and work fine. Tests have been made with the "factory default" mapping selected in the Controllers tab of Config.

DDJ-SX along with all the DDJ series controllers work fine with version 8.

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 1:13 pm
Ok will ony use native effects. I have it set to default factory setting. When I try the keyboard shortcuts for mix nothing happens. When I hit f1 etc for sampler the laptop functions work not the the VDJ ones. Puzzled???? I will continue to try and keep u posted. Can anyone who uses this that says it's fine post a screenshot. Also did u have to change functions in settings?

Posted Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 1:48 pm
the new update just hit tonight 12:00am 8/11/14 and now my time code is going crazy, is anyone else having this problem in time code vinyl

Posted Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 2:13 am

Posted Tue 12 Aug 14 @ 5:56 pm
so far worked alright. so to make jogwheel scratch better what should the settings be as far as the numbers

Posted Wed 27 Aug 14 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)